Non-existent customer service.......

Ok ok…

– Last Updated: Sep-18-09 4:43 PM EST –

Waterbird, granted - it's a very good idea anyway.

Jbwiz, I have no way to know. It's just that I'm becoming rather skeptical, especially with P&H. There seems to be always someone (whatever the boats being discussed) to drop a line pushing for whatever boat they are then pushing. It became apparent with the Cetus, now with the Scorpio, let see what they push next year... Would not be surprised if a lot of that was coming from "related parties" like their "sponsored paddlers"... That's why forums where the etiquette is to post one's real name end up having better credibility.

That’s true about Hurricane
I had to search high and low for their phone number. Can’t do good business with a company I can’t contact.

nau is your real name?
funny to post about using real names when you don’t appear to be using your real name (nor do you have a profile)

{grin}

bill

Well, “RS”…
…when in Rome, do as the Romans… comments still apply though… :slight_smile:

chiming in on good customer service
I had a leaky hatch on one of my boats. Necky gave me two options: send it back and have it fixed, or have it fixed locally. I chose the second and Necky picked up the bill. Thanks, Necky!

valid concern over "bogus plugs"
maybe any claim of problems or praise for customer service could be backed up by a picture or two of the kayak in use, the fault or whatever the issue is.

A picture says a thousand words.

Surprisingly that’s all I ever need with my problems, would that be kayaks, dry bags or sleeping mats.

And if in doubt a “reader” can always have his/her doubts cleared with evidence.

Ocean Kayak
c/s for me was the exact opposite. A phone call to them at their Ferndale, WA plant was answered by people who actually paddled them. Note they recently closed this plant and moved operations to their main plant in Maine (Old Town). OK is one of a very few companies who really support their customers…example: our Nor. Cal kayak club has a annual fishing tournament and OK donates a fully equipped angler SOT for first prize and other misc. items too! They also do this for some other kayak fishing clubs across the country.

Here is a plug
http://picasaweb.google.com/water.marius/Edgewater_Park_Surf_2008_07_23

Black boat PH Quest LV, most excellent boat.

Orange boat Valley Avocet RM, equally excellent boat.

Oh, shop I associate with uses PH boats.

Whiskyjack Paddles-great customer…
service…I’ve had a Chaser for going on 2 yrs. and lately discovered what I thought was a flaw. Danny promptly (like 10 hrs. later) e-mailed me and said he’d make it right to my satisfaction…Thanks Danny!

Good experience with Eddyline
Back in 2000 I bought a kayak at a dealer in NYC.

The first time I paddled it the temperature plunged into the 20’s. Took the boat out of the water, didn’t notice that an ice film formed almost immediately, leaned the boat against my roof rack for a few seconds, and the boat slipped off and fell to the ground.

One of the plastic bulkheads shattered like glass.

Called the Eddyline rep for the northeast, he agreed that the bulkhead shouldn’t have shattered, and he delivered a new boat to the nearest dealer to me in Connecticut within about 2 weeks.

They determined that the bulkhead material was prone to this problem and they changed it out the next model year.

The dealer I bought from…
…offered four different resolution scenarios…by the time he had reneged on three of them I pretty much figured the fourth would be the same result.In retrospect. I’m pretty sure he was keeping me on the line till Nelo contacted me…therby wiggling himself off the hook.

mississippi kayak is good
Janet findlay hunter does an excellent job of customer service with her nelo dealer in upstate,ny- Lake Placid?

I talked to her…
…and she told me had I bought from her, this all would have been handled…but it certainly wasn’t and hasn’t been handled by the combo of dealer/importer-rep that I have dealt with…Oh well the boat is fixed, I love it, the money is spent…so these two fools can go gather their karma and I’ll go gather mine…I’d rather have mine. It does piss me of however that I’m sitting with a boat that’s supposed to have a two year warranty…which is worth nothing since nobody will honor it. Whatta you gonna do?, spend five grand in legal fees trying to get a couple shysters to do the right thing? I’ll definitely cost them both sales via the info grapevine. Buy a Nelo…better hope it’s perfect and stays that ways for two years.

I worked for Stokeleys Pork and Beans
back in college. You DO NOT want to hear what I might have to say about the process.

:slight_smile:

Paul

Alright Brazilbrasil spill the beans.
What do we not know about the process? We’re talking pork and beans. Whats not to love?

And just what shop would that be?
What Cleveland area shop sells P&H boats? I thought I knew what was available here and I don’t know of any. Can’t be Backpackers . Apalaichian? Do you just post on Bradstreet or do you paddle with them. You gave me the brush off when I asked about paddling with ya a while ago. Another thing… I thought I was the only one with the safety orange Valleys around.

well
I instruct and guide for www.kayak41north.com. I’ll be happy to elaborate if you have more questions.

That’s not a shop…

– Last Updated: Sep-28-09 8:46 PM EST –

unless you count a shed as a shop.....and I've never seen any "good" boats there but maybe Venture kayaks. I know about Mark's business, but in no imagineable way is it a shop as in paddling shop. and Ya don't have to explain anything...I paddle out of Rocky River alot. I've gone out with some of the Bradstreet bunch that paddle out of Sheffield Lake on every other Tues, as well as meeting Bill H. and others on the Lake. They talk too much for my taste...very nice pics though. They are a great example of what Erie can throw at ya.....

lets see
pork back fat, brine, beans brown sugar syrup sauce…weevils (lots)

and it gets worse from there

Paul

Thanks salty
That’s how you were taken care of…