Nootka - Vancouver Island

Just completed a 4 day tour of Nootka Sound off the West Coast of Vancouver Island. Saw totem poles, abandoned native sites, humpback wales breaching 100ft in front of us. Lot’s of bears (4 in 10 minutes). Great place to visit. Luckily Luna the killer whale gave us a pass as he had been “playing” with a group of Kayakers the day before we launched. He likes to rub his belly on the bottom of boats. Camping spots are a little difficult as it is mostly rocky shorelines, but email me and I’ll let you know where the good ones are. Lot’s of pics to share.

cheers

Sounds great…
I just got back form the Broken group two weeks ago and enjoyed many of the same experiences. I’m anxious to keep working up the west side of Vancouver Is. on successive trips. Our group is even considering Queen Charlotte Is. next year.

Tom

Nootka
I would love to see the pictures. I did a kayak trip on Johnstone Strait last year and we had about 35 killer whales pass within 5 feet of our kayaks. The greatest thrill of my life. It brought tears to my eyes.

Photos please guys!?
We all want to see some photos!

Pictures
I have just started to scan them…here is the first batch. If you have a specific area you would like to see, let me know and I’ll see if I have it then post it. Any questions on the area throw them at me and I’ll try and answer them for you.

http://www3.telus.net/shade/Kayak_Nootka/

Cheers,

Dave