North Shore Lake Pontchartrain

LMAO

– Last Updated: Jul-28-04 3:10 PM EST –

You are SOOOOOOO right.

Luckily I have an opportunity Thursday thru Sunday to mix work and fishing. Not a moment to soon. I was getting ready to ask the Doc for a bottle of them lil blue pills. ;o)

Cane Bayou is best accessed from it's intersection with Hwy 190 about 10 miles east of Mandeville. There's just a small bridge there so watch your odometer and pay attention after the nine mile mark. The northwest quadrant of the intersecion has a launch used by small boats, paddlers, and a few bank fishermen. Reference you Roads of Louisiana book for approximate grid coordinates.

I also know where the Bayou Lacombe launch is for the southern end but susplainin it ain't easy. I also know that it goes completely against a man's nature but if you'll stop and ask anyone at any of the Stop-n-Rob stores and they can guide you to it.

On the east side of Lacombe theres a small white mini-grocery type store at the intersection of Hwy 190 and Lake Road. Take Lake Road toward the lake (South). Follow your nose. You'll eventually parallel the bayou. There's an improved launch on the refuge or you can launch into Lake Ponchartrain at the very end of the road.

http://www.mapquest.com/maps/map.adp?searchtype=address&formtype=search&countryid=US&addtohistory=&country=US&address=&city=Lacombe&state=LA&zipcode=&historyid=&submit=Get+Map

Long damn link. Hope it works.
Have fun dog!
Holler if you can make it Fourchon Thursday through Saturday. I'm heading home by 8AM Sunday morning.

P.S. The boyz at Seabrook have been catching 3lb trout regularly. No limits but NICE trout. Not a place for me in a yak though. Too many yahoos with too little sense.