Northern Florida

A few pics of yesterday and today.

Salt springs/Run I saw a lot of wildlife near the springs, deer, turtles, various birds and a large group of manatees paid me no mind.

Today on the Ocklawaha. The sunshine state was liquid today.

7 Likes

Born in Tallahassee , spent the first couple of years at St. Marks NWR in Panacea.
Visited a couple of years ago and really enjoyed the area. I remember the Real Florida from visiting both sets of grandparents. All lived in the woods and lived by farming and raising cattle.

5 Likes

Looks like a great trip. Beautiful pics!

If we can help with your future Florida paddles look us up.

Floridapaddlingtrails.com

1 Like

Jax, the arctic north of FL.
Todays paddle (just off the water), 35°, 10+ NW breeze
I know, that’s ‘swimming weather’ to some of you up north, but for us - brrr.

1 Like

Thanks, your website gets better each time I visit it and the paddling locales keep expanding. Keep up the good work!

1 Like

Raisins a little boy had been swimming in salt springs. He was shivering when he got out. He looked at his dad and said “l want to go back to Florida it’s cold here!”. His dad responded, " You’re still in Florida". Son says, “but I want the warm one!”.

2 Likes

Kids Say the Darndest Things (Art Linkletter)

Silver glen springs to lake george

1 Like

Juniper run

3 Likes

I have to say Juniper Run is one of my faves in the area.

1 Like

Except the spring water is 72 degrees all year.

No pics today but enjoyed seeing a river otter below Alexander springs, the sun even came out for a little bit which had the gators out sunbathing or is it basking?

1 Like

You mean this one? :sunglasses:
https://www.floridapaddlingtrails.com/

1 Like

yep that’s the website, very organized, a good place to start, i also have a couple of guidebooks that I utilize