Off topic—Ludicrous ad for Carl Jr.’s hamburgers

It starts by saying everybody knows what condiments are.

“But what about condiMEATS?

Bwahahaha, they lost me right there. Cuz even though I knew they meant “condi” the first image that popped to mind was “condommeats”. :smiley: >:)

And as they kept blathering on about the quality of said meats, nuthin’ was going to make me want to eat at Carl Jr.’s after hearing hugely Freudian reference. :s

What’s a Carl’s Jr?

Sounds small whatever it is. ;0)

@kayamedic said:
What’s a Carl’s Jr?

Similar to Arby’s.

Weiner haus?

@Overstreet said:

@kayamedic said:
What’s a Carl’s Jr?

Similar to Arby’s.

Juste ate at an Arbys. ugh
We dont have any fast food chain at home. Mickey Ds excepted and that is twenty miles away

What would we do without condiments? The rhythm method

@Chuck von Yamashita said:

I can personally attest to the fact that the rhythm method is risky. She is 37 with 3 of her own .

@kayamedic said:
What’s a Carl’s Jr?

Nothing important.

None of their commercials entice me to eat there.

I think Carl’s Jr. is related to Hardee’s, if it matters. Just another fast food joint. If I’m hungry, lazy, and in a hurry while traveling, they aren’t too bad.

Hardee’s has the best hamburgers I’ve ever tasted. I’m afraid to eat more than one a month.

@tjalmy said:
I think Carl’s Jr. is related to Hardee’s, if it matters. Just another fast food joint. If I’m hungry, lazy, and in a hurry while traveling, they aren’t too bad.

Yes you are correct, Hardee’s. I got them confused.

Freudian slips?
No (m)adman, (e)trips!
Best intentions pave gold path to hell.
There we will meat,
char-broiled non-discrete,
a master of why sex does cell.
(Carl’s so Jung when Freud taught him a spell.)

Hardee’s has excellent burgers.

@Chuck von Yamashita said:

Crocodile dung in ole Egypt,
a reptilian laid to waste
where the asp has often slipped.

“No,” shouted Pope, “Good God, it’s pagan schism!”
Pandemic plagued his plugged-in plan
when Europe couldn’t vibe this rhythm.

Haha, you could’ve rhymed something else with schism for a naughtier poem but it might get censored!

So the marketers coined a word
That conjured up things absurd.
Calling fast food meat
Something gourmet-effete
Is like trying to polish a turd.

As fast food burgers go, I have to give Smashburger the prize for home-cooked taste. Plus they have excellent crisp sweet potato shoestring fries (with olive oil and rosemary). Also have the only fast food veggie burger options I have found palatable and even vegetable side dishes. Unfortunately, the one in my city closed abruptly last year (poor location – why would you stick a joint specializing in beef in a suburban strip mall right beside an Indian grocery store?) I now have to get my “burger fix” when I visit my brother in upstate NY.

Since Smashburger outlets are rare (only a few in most states though some have a couple dozen or more) I watch for the ubiquitous Subways if I am in need of road trip food that is not going to sit in a greasy lump in my stomach for hours.

@pikabike said:
So the marketers coined a word
That conjured up things absurd.
Calling fast food meat
Something gourmet-effete
Is like trying to polish a turd.

It must just be your mind’s meanderings.

No absurdities conjured in my mind.

The basic patty is as good as some “gourmet” burgers that cost twice as much.

Keep your mind and food out of the gutter : )

Smashburger?

Is that what the L.A. In-and-Out on Camrose renamed itself? Right after Walter, Donny and the Dude visited? You know, somewhat after Walter vented to Little Larry about stranger sodomisers, in tirade-via-tire-iron unleashed on shiny new red Corvette?