Shasta stares
out snow-capped peak
a quiet peace
lest teach her speak

most faithful friend
and Jura river
with timeless flow
love she’ll deliver

Course, whadda I know, having associated with the likes of a Bob (hereon bestowed by other P-nutter a doctorate, thus to become the Doc Bob of Phil-like socio-psychoanalysis for peculiar Duckheaded behaviors), a Moby (my one stray into stray, non-monosyllabic nomenclature, and described by a late P-netter emeritus as, “That Dog Ain’t Right!” - NT may have been right, but as Doc Bob would have observed, “We are but a by-product of our associations.”), and of late, a Finn, whom without any doubt is most certainly a Huckleberry derivative (again see Doc Bob’s observation).

Second maybe third in the AKC Fast CAT runs in Orlando last weekend was a dog named “Dagnabit”. You know there has to be a story to go with that one.

Winner was Phalen. An “American Dog” (AKC class), aka mutt rescued. Owner caught this dog at the finish line. Owner was wearing a kilt. There’s a story there too.

In my hood we have a Goldendoodle named “Marshal Dillon” and a cat named “O.D.” for “orange death”.

Pogie

I think you should name her after a natural place that you like a lot.

For example:

*** Acadia NP–> Cadie (sounds almost like Katie, but short and easy to distinguish from ambient sounds)

*** Guadalupe NP–> Lupe (pronounced Loo-peh)

*** Nootka (for either the place or the rose)

*** Bosque

*** Bayou

*** Mogul

How about Skye, the spelling is from The Isle of Skye.

Do you really need help? Or did you just want an excuse to post a picture? Either way, I’m glad you did. That is one pretty dog!

How about Wenonah, after the Indian maiden of legend.

Pag

Savannah or Shenandoah she’s beautiful!

Three syllable names are not good for calling, just counselling.

Thanks for the stories and ideas. We really are stuck, that said she won’t come home with us until just after Christmas. It really is hard to name a dog without trying it on the pupper. I tried for Ely (as gateway to BWCA) but my 6yo daughter laughed immediately and said she didn’t like it. The kids don’t run the house but being laughed at by a 6yo girl can make you rethink your choices.
I’m embarrassed to admit we are sorta leaning toward “Twink”…(waiting for your laughter to stop). Puppers mom is named Star, and pup has a white T marking on her back. The kicker for me is as a kid I had a neighbor nicknamed “Twink”. (Starr was his last name) …He was like a Grandfather to me. He was an explosive expert for the navy, taught me a bunch about shooting and hand-loading, cooked a mean pot roast and also gardened. Just not sure it passes the porch test, on the other hand I’m not sure I care in this case.

Brooke…
The name Brooke is a girl’s name of English origin meaning “small stream”.

Super cute! I would reference some books maybe. But love the name Piper. Good luck

Hey, you could name her T-Wink and pronounce it TEE-wink. Passes the porch test.

So let me get this straight
to my warp-sped galaxy afar,
pup’s to be subsequent,
from old hood Twink L. Starr,

I guess when a Starr is born
it’s Siriusly fine,
and so GaGa from Judy,
jumps into a canine,

but just be careful with,
just how close to Starr you Twink,
for once I locked orbit of,
dog star oft on the blink,