ok. fess up on speed

Just got back from Lake Jocassee
what a great trip! Beautiful ara. Had to walk/drag/carry the boats about a half a mile to the campsite though because the water levgels were so low…that sucked. But the rest was really really good.

I learned something really useful too!

If you take your pfd and sit on it with the two front panels on either side of you you can sit in the water with just your head out and it feels like an easy chair.

Paul

on a wing paddle
Not sure if the speed bug has really gotten to me or if I was just lamenting my slowness when i first started this thread.

What i need to do is build up stamina. I will beg borrow or ahem bortrow a wing paddle sometime soon and see if I can make it work well. I had Greyaks for about a week but didn’t know what I was doing then. (not that I do now)

Paul

Paul
Let the wing follow it’s own path. Wing stroke is more out to the side. I’ve been using a wing for about a year now. When you use it properly, you’ll see the paddle doesn’t actually travel very far in the water. A few inches at most, it’s the boat going forward. A typical euro padle will travel as much as a foot during each stroke.

Andy

Ok
Anyone within 100 miles of Columbia that woudl be willing to let me demo a wing?