Old Town Acadia

What’s it worth?

I have a friend cleaning out his garage and he was wondering what this old boat is worth. Made in 1985, decent shape with no damage. Any suggestions for an asking price?

Thanks

Ed

1984-85 OT Acadia 16’=10"

– Last Updated: Aug-16-12 2:03 PM EST –

.... if it's like ours , it's a Royalex canoe . If it's very clean and the skin is in very good condition like ours w/o cuts or wear throughs like ours ... then I'd say $400. is a fair price .

The Acadia was offered by OT as a kit canoe . You got all the parts and a bare haul , and completed the installations yourself . If you could use a drill and pop rivit gun properly , you ended up with a nice neat canoe at a savings over the factory finish canoes .

The Acadia also came in a 14' something model as well ... we have the 16'-10" model .

It's a nice canoe . Only complaint is the seats are the old flat ones filled with flotation , the floatation is great but the flat seats were a bit hard on the tail bone after awhile ... so I sculpted the bow seat like a tractor style and glassed in the sculptured butt area , and I use a cushion on the stern seat . But if someone really wanted to , they could just change the seats to whatever they wish .

Our Acadia is fairly stiff , not rigid or brittle , no oil canning and has good speed and handling qualities for a semi high volume canoe ... the older Rx seems heavier and tougher than the newer Rx , and I like it that way .

$ 400. as a min. is what I think , good solid canoe in mountain rivers .

Hey you'allllll

Thanks
That was about where I was thinking but I was unfamiliar with the specifics of the Model. His is the 16’10" one though.

Ed

your welcome …

– Last Updated: Aug-20-12 8:04 PM EST –

..... some years back Old Town sent me via email , the original advertisement for the 1984 Acadia . The topic came up (because I have an Acadia 16'-10") while I was talking with them and the tech. guy offered to send it to me , so I said sure that would be nice .

Just mentioned this because your friend could probably ask OT to send it to him also (original 1984-85 Acadia avert.) . They are real friendly folks and seem to enjoy answering questons and doing little things like that for people who call them on the phone .

Their # is ... 1-800-343-1555 , could even be helpful with selling it ... I personally think they're pretty nice canoes .