Old Town Sandpiper

Can ANYONE tell me the weight and dimensions of this boat? I’ve searched the web 'till I’m cross-eyed, and can’t find this info. A little disappointed Old Town itself doesn’t offer anything, even though the boat is discontinued. But that didn’t stop me from buying one, for the princely sum of $40.

Be very grateful for any help you can give.

got it
http://www.lancastercountymarine.com/OldTownKayaksHomepage.html

The specs are all the way down on the bottom of the page. This was the 3rd listing on the goog. Nice score, by the way. I love seeing people (especially me) get a yak cheap.

Many Thanks
I know, I know. Visited it twice, maybe three times and didn’t see it. And even if I had, I’d have probably passed because of its new name (something I just learned).

Yes, an excellent piece of luck. I was, and still am, looking at either a Native Marvel 10 or Old Town Dirigo XT 106 when this fell into my lap.

FYI-The year of manufacture is the
last two numbers in the serial number.

Year of Manufacture
Great to know that! Many thanks.

Wow, what a great deal! I looked at the
Sandpiper a few years ago but the price was too high.

I agree
Fellow wasn’t clear on when he bought it, but said he’d paid $300 new. I wouldn’t have been interested at a third of that, but then again I was (and am)focused on a sit-in. The guy is a merchant to whom my wife has given a lot of business and who is selling everything and moving. That, and a good friendship, accounts for the lucky price. I see from reviews on this site others have had a great time with it, and I’m sure I’ll do likewise, despite wanting to have a camera with me.

When I first saw it in his back yard, it looked so small, and when I turned it over, it felt light as a feather. Sure didn’t feel that way when I hoisted on top of the car and carried it to the back of the garage, though, :slight_smile: