On-water lunches

What’s your go to lunch that fits in a day hatch, keeps in the sun, and can be easily eaten miles from land?

PB&J sandwich, peach. And gummi bears. If they melt some they are still fine, you just have a medley of flavors…

Another PB & J user/lover !
No matter if we are training for a race, or lilly dipping, or exploring, that not only gives us the nourishment we need but is also delicious and all we ever take

Dried meat, cheese, granola bars, dried fruit and nuts. All our Everglades lunches are in boat. No cooler. I might do PB and honey and raisins in a small tortilla.

As a solo paddler, I don’t stray miles off shore but I often have lunch in the boat. I use a Packit freezable lunch bag for a sandwich or cold chicken, Reese’s mini PB cups. Sometimes a small bottle of chocolate milk. A small freezer pack inside the bag helps keeps things cold. Salted nuts and seeds go in snack hatch.

My go-to lunch is: flat bread (doesn’t crush), bag-o-meat (easy to carry), mayo & mustard & relish from the burger joint and some good chocolate.
All fits into a waterproof box that fits into a free lunch bag I got from a health-fair lined with reflec-tex.
It fits behind my seat or in the bow hatch for easy access.
I glued a cutting board to the inside of the lid and carry some picnic flatware, sharp knife and small scissors and napkins.
All the trash fits inside the zip-lock baggie.

My alternate is peanut butter and hard cheese wrapped in a burrito.

Perhaps Raisins will post the pic of his solar heated lunch

Just got home from a 3 hour paddle in the heat. Now I’m eating my PB&J and plum.
I’ll get serious when I cool down.

Just beach the boat here and enjoy.
http://www.loreleicabanabar.com/
Y’all eat like rabbits… :wink:

Now you’re talking!

Despite the name brews and food are pretty good. Just time your visit on a high tide.
http://www.wickedbarley.com

@Overstreet said:
Perhaps Raisins will post the pic of his solar heated lunch

I usually stay out on my paddles as well, so lunch is at sea.
I’m a bit of a minimalist, so this is probably not going to go over well, but works for me.

The one pictured is a bit more ‘exotic’ than my typical feed (all those vegies).
I’ll usually just throw some Minute Rice and freeze dried chicken into a tupperware container.
On the hour break, before lunch, I’ll put in the water, cover, and set on the deck bag (or in bag if it’s a bit bumpy).
If the suns out (where I am now, a good part of the time), it speeds the rehydrate process and warms the food.
Finished off with ‘dessert’ - a couple of flavored sugar cubes (butterscotch in the picture).

Peanut butter an jelly in jars and a spoon.

Spam an’ Tang

Fish. Raw and wriggling! Keep nasty Spam an’ Tang.

Shellfish raw and wiggling and seeking your finger… FE might be able to eat bear.He has too many

two packs of quaker granola bars (the hard kind bought by the case at Sam’s club ) kept in pfd, an apple stashed behind a float bag, important thing is to drink plenty of water then I don’t eat much during day, dinner out on the town with paddling friends.

Smoothie. If made at home it’s cran-apple juice, walnuts, banana, maybe some berries, and soy protein. Maybe some kale if there’s any in the fridge. If made during the trip, it’s just the juice and the soy protein.

@tdaniel said:
two packs of quaker granola bars (the hard kind bought by the case at Sam’s club ) kept in pfd, an apple stashed behind a float bag, important thing is to drink plenty of water then I don’t eat much during day, dinner out on the town with paddling friends.

That’s my style for longer paddles.

I’m a big fan of PB&J too for long days when a serious meal is needed. If you cut it in half you can also split it with someone else and give two people a good boost. For me personally a small stack of fig newtons is an awesome little mini meal and if we have any halos or cuties a couple of those is a nice add for long paddles.