One hell of a storm

There is one hell of a storm moving in on a west wind across the lake, that is shifting to the northwest! Should be good, I think I am heading out after work to give my new fins a try.

Check out:

http://spyglasshill.com/Webcam/Default.htm

you need java, but is should install automagically.

I’d Forget the Fins
And make sure all the windows and doors were closed and yard stuff tied down, LOL. That is one heck of a picture.

Mark

fun
Nice! Go out and have some one get some pics while your flying over the break wall!

Damon…

I think I might see how close I can get
to the lighthouse!

Been monitoring the situation myself.
12-16’ expected! Doug’s been like a kid on Christmas Eve here today. I don’t know if he’s planning on grabbing the board or the yak, but he’s heading to South Haven after work.

Jim

I’ll look for him over there.

The Devil’s Spawn…
you storm is giving energy to another storm off our coast. Not complaining mind you… We’re going have waves well into middle of next week.

I have one work meeting tomorrow and then plan on bagging the rest of the day to surf. :smiley:

sing

Mid lake bouy report
I just checked the NDBC mid lake bouy for Michigan. It put the waves at 13.5 feet.

Yeah, I got cold feet.
I kept watching the webcams. When either the lights or the vast majority of the piers are under water at any given moment (neither were visible at the same time), and not to mention six second intervals, I figure it’s a good day save gas money and wait for something at my level. If I went, it would just be to take pics of you nutters. :wink:

Same Storm, Different Lake
Here’s yesterday’s forecast for Lake Superior:

SUPERIOR WEST 1/2…GALE WARNING IN EFFECT…12856 11156 14146

11136 BRIEF LIGHT SLEET IN THE EVENING. WAVES 11 TO 15 FEET

BUILDING TO 12 TO 17 FEET TONIGHT…THEN SUBSIDING TO 7 TO 10 FEET

FRIDAY. 221115. THE HIGHEST WAVES NEAR THE KEWEENAW PENINSULA.

SUPERIOR EAST 1/2…GALE WARNING IN EFFECT…11166 12156 12146

11136 12126. WAVES 15 TO 20 FEET SUBSIDING TO 11 TO 15 FEET

TONIGHT…THEN SUBSIDING TO 5 TO 8 FEET ON FRIDAY. 211520 211418.

THE HIGHEST WAVES BETWEEN STANNARD ROCK AND MARQUETTE.

Think I’ll wait til the waves subside to 11 to 15 feet; I’m gettin’ too old for that 15- to 20-foot stuff …

Cold feet better than a cold body!
Better to go back when you can at least walk away!

Don’t think there would be many options if you got into trouble!!!

Next Week…
I am heading up to Isle Royale to kayak and fish, hope the storms get it out of there system now!!

1 missing in Lake Superior
http://www.freep.com/apps/pbcs.dll/article?AID=/20060512/NEWS11/605120493