Online kayak sales...

Hi folks! Local dealer giving me the runaround. I’ve decided to order 2 boats on line. Trouble is Rutabagas doesn’t have what I want. Any idea who sells Current Designs models on line?

Thanks in advance!

What do you want and …
…where are you?

Current Designs Crosswind Tandem
Seems the ideal boat for poking around the waterway with my girlfriend. I’m in Eastern NC btw.

RM Tandems…
One of the reasons you’re having trouble finding a new one may be that most outfitters don’t stock new ones. They use a bunch of them for tours/charter and at the end of the season the market is flooded with good used ones…

I’d consider a used one…
…Especially since it’s a polyethylene boat. These are hard to kill. I have a couple of Pungos that have been dragged across oyster bars, dropped from the car, dragged behind the truck. They’re 10 years old now and in good shape. One season as a rental won’t hurt anything. But the Kestrel mentioned above is the TCS plastic. Light, very stiff, but not as resilient.

I know you want CD… but…
check out the classified boards on Pnet in your area… there are a couple great deals listed including a great looking Necky Chatham (I’m in MD and not affiliated with any of the sellers)…

Adventure Times
www.adventuretimes.com

seriously now
When I checked out the website, the only place I could find that listed boats for sale was their so-called “on-line kayak shop.” It consisted of a few Hobies and some Innova inflatables. That’s pathetic. Did I miss something?

The adventuretimes site
takes you to an e-bay page. And you’re right in that they only have a few boats listed. I know what I want and have found a few options. A dealer emailed me directly also. Not sure why he didn’t post because someone else might be interested in placing an order…

WS Northstar rm

– Last Updated: Nov-07-05 11:03 AM EST –

(I don't work there) folks at Springriver have a grey rm Northstar for a very cheap price,,or they did 5days ago.

yep, still there,,$1240 for plastic Northstar double.

Springriver

– Last Updated: Nov-07-05 9:47 PM EST –

(I don't work for Springriver, either---) they are good people to deal with, knowledgeable, and pretty good selections over all for both boats and gear. They have places in both Baltimore and Roclville, MD.
...and Annapolis, too.
JRS

Thanks to all who replied…
Update- Ordered one boat from Rutabaga. Real nice experience, fair price and easy shipping terms. You select your boat, punch in your cc number and someone calls you to discuss what colors they have in stock. Obviously this will not work unless you absolutely know what you want.

Ordered the other boat from local dealer. They included it with their regular order from the manufacturer so no added shipping charges, just sales tax which isn’t too bad. 10% off accessories for a year whether you buy 1 boat or more. All in all I think I came out pretty well.

That brings me up to 7 boats now, enough to have bought a stinky motorboat. I like kayaks better though.

Consider adding a profile…
…on P-net, yakfisher, so that you can list your NC location and all the vessels you own. Fun, and sometimes people will email you for advice about a particular model.