Outfitting Trick

I read an artical talking about installing a guzzler pump which they sent me with my new pump. The author showed using plastic pipe hangers to secure the pump hose to a composit underdeck. The plastic hangers were secured with one piece of fiberglass cloth to the glass, or kevlar. I opted for plastic deck eyes but used the glass and resin to attach them. I would have never thought that one piece of cloth would be so strong, but it works great. I just cut a square about 1/5 inches and cut a slot in the middle for the eye to protrude through. I place the glass over the eye in my pre-marked location then I painted the cloth with resin and let it dry. I installed a plastic tie wrap around the hose and secured it to the eye. I used six of the eyes and each one only took minutes to affix once I had marked the locations.

Happy Paddling,

Mark

Another way…

…is to put a little dab of thickened epoxy on the hull where the holes will be, place the eye strap down and add a dab to the top of the hole.

Markinnc
you need to post pics of your mods. I for one would love to see them! I dont think i would have progressed with mine if Greyak hadnt posted his.

Yes
Greyhawk: Yes, I had already purchased the epoxy and was going to use that until I saw the use of the little squares of fiberglass. I am sure that the epoxy would work great. I am also happy with the way the glass squares worked.

Robert, yes, I’ll get the camera out and give it a try inside the boat. I have cut one of my Lightning paddles and made it a two piece paddle out of it, which I can now mount on the rear deck as my spare. Still thinking and considering various ideas for that.

Happy Paddling,

Mark