P&H Cetus LV compared with Scorpio LV

Edit Thought I found an Eto for you but the seller was wrong about the boat.

1 Like

@Pru Iā€™m going to be halfway to you somewhere around the 7th. Shall I bring a Scorpio LV for you to mess with for a bit?

3 Likes

Wow! Youā€™re amazing. I will pm you.

I had my a different geographic Pru in mind. My travels take me in the opposite direction. Sorry.

See you on the water,
Marshall Seddon
The River Connection, Inc.
9 W. Market St.
Hyde Park, NY. 12538
845-229-0595 main
845-242-4731 mobile
Main: www.the-river-connection.com
Store: www.the-river-connection.us
Email: marshall@the-river-connection.com
Facebook: Redirecting...
Instagram: Login ā€¢ Instagram

I thought that might be the case. Iā€™m glad I didnā€™t get too excited. Still, I want to thank you!

1 Like

Lightly used Scorpio LV will be mine next week! Iā€™m bursting with excitement to finally have a kayak again. I consider this one temporary until I can get a carbon/kevlar boat and travel to pick it up myself. But who knows? Maybe Iā€™ll find no need for a while.

5 Likes

WOOT WOOT! Congratulations!

1 Like

Thank you! Pity itā€™s the last week of our fiscal year and I canā€™t take the week off to paddle it. Iā€™ve been completely resting my shoulder for 3 long weeks now and it better be ready by then.

1 Like

I believe we could do a lengthy discussion on this forum about shoulder problems (or hip problems, or ā€¦). For my arthritic left shoulder I find occasional medical massage and consistent exercises to be the key to strength and mobility of that area. Of course, a decent forward stroke with appropriate torso rotation is basic.

Enjoy your Scorpio LV!

1 Like

Thank you!

I was sure this shoulder was a very old rotator cuff tear but Iā€™m starting to think itā€™s some kind of tendon issue. Every time I irritate it (sometimes just by breathing, like I did about an hour ago) I notice I also have pain on the inside of my elbow. Such a drag. Growing old sure ainā€™t for sissies!

Congrats! Be sure to post pictures on the ā€œShow Off Your Boatā€ thread. :slight_smile:

1 Like

Thanks! This is going to be a very long week.

2 Likes

@Pru - I hear ya! Iā€™m picking up a new-to-me kayak that has been in the shop getting spruced up. Driving down to Naples on Friday afternoon (I work a half day on Friday) and I canā€™t wait! Definitely going to be a super slow week for sure! Hang in there!

2 Likes

How exciting! I know the feeling!! I donā€™t know yet if Iā€™ll be getting mine Monday or Wednesday, so that adds to the excitement. I may or may not have put the cockpit cover, saddles, straps, and bow/stern ropes in the car already. (Okay, I did.)

1 Like

You better get shoulder checked out and not be guessing.

I just got home with my new-to-me Scorpio LV. I sat in it in a parking lot off the highway where I met the seller, and the fit felt so right. It wasnā€™t my first color choice, but the price was right. Iā€™m thinking of naming it Laa-Laa after the yellow teletubby. My other yellow kayak was Princess Consuela Banana Hammock and everyone called it The Princess. And before anyone asks, yes, I have suffered head injuries in the past.

My cockpit cover blew off right after I got on the highway. That was a first. The combing is not as sharp as those of my other boats have been. Luckily I had clipped it to the bungee but I couldnā€™t get it to stay on. The cockpit was full of rain water by the time I got home. Good thing I love adventures. Iā€™m hoping I can take it for a test paddle tomorrow, but I might have a scheduling conflict I canā€™t escape. Soonā€¦ soon!

3 Likes

You might want to double check that the previous owners had the correct size cover. My Delphinā€™s cockpit lip looks exactly like your picture (same color too). The Delphin takes a Seals 1.4 & the fit is good although I also clip to a bungee. The Seals comes with a loop on the side & a strap to wrap around the hull for a belt & suspenders approach.

Doctor kayak says that you are having vision problems and canā€™t see making the meeting

1 Like

The cover is just the basic Seals cover that I purchased years ago for my Rockpool. In theory they take the same size, but I think the cover is slightly too small. I might be able to adjust the bungee but couldnā€™t get the knot undone on the road. Iā€™ll get a new one if I canā€™t make it work. I sure hope I donā€™t have the same fit issue with my spray skirt.

I will try my best to obey the doctorā€™s orders!

1 Like

A quick look says that the Scorpio LV takes a Seals 1.3.

Oh, if the deck pod or whatever they are calling the small hatch just in front of the cockpit is the same as on the Delphin, donā€™t expect it to stay dry during a wet exit. Splash is fine but it doesnā€™t seem to be sealed to the deck and does have drainage holes.

Ha! Yeah I figured that out when I unloaded. The lid is off because it was drenched along with the cockpit. I just hope I donā€™t have the issue with the day hatch leaking that is evidently a known problem with this boat. If I do, Iā€™ll work it out one way or another.

It would be so nice if that little pod was watertight - it would be such a great spot for my camera. Maybe Iā€™ll try to seal it somehow.

1 Like