PA kayak shot

Hi, I am trying to find a kayak outfitter in NEPA from the Lehigh Valley to Scranton/Wilkes-Barre. Any thoughts on ones to try? Thanks. I am looking to scout out kid-friendly Sit insides.

Your small spelling error should have
attracted more interest. Until someone who knows gets here, I recommend googling for kayak dealers and river outfitters in that area.

When you talk about kids in sit-inside kayaks, do you mean having one or more in with you? If so, I suggest going with a suitably sized canoe instead. Except in the most placid conditions, I do not believe that kids should be in a kayak with a paddler. They’ll be in the way of your paddling.

On the other hand, if you want kayaks sized for kids as paddlers, people here should have suggestions.

Blue Mountain
is one of the bast paddlesport shops in the East.

http://www.bluemountainoutfitters.net/Pdf_files/kayak_inv.pdf

Its out of your area but hey paddle shops are not on every corner. You have to do some work.

EMO
Although BMO is my home outfitter, and a great one at that, it is a bit far South of what you want. Try Endless Mountain Outfitters http://endlessmountainoutfitters.com/ They do a bit on the North and West branches of the Susquehanna.

two options
for a child to paddle alone, look for a used Perception Acadia Scout. Good for tweens up to 125 lbs. for my younger daughter, I put her in the front seat of a Wilderness Systems Pamlico II and she enjoys bing paddled around the lake.

Thanks!
Thanks for the feedback! I will check out both outfitters. Both are about the same distance from me. Much appreciated.

Country Ski and Sports

– Last Updated: Dec-29-13 9:19 AM EST –

1080 Wilkes Barre Township Blvd.
Wilkes-Barre, PA 18702
570-824-0541

I used to paddle with the guy who ran this place on the south side of Wilkes-Barre. Don't know if he is still in business or if he is, what kind of inventory he has, but it might be worth a visit.

If you run into Sean O'Shea, tell him I sent you.