Paddle Bag

Unless I missed it, no recent posts on this. I have a 54 bent shaft. Do most have paddle bags? If so, what seems to be the best for the buck? Thanks.

Get a good wife
We have nice padded ones that “the bride” made from left over material.

She also made some for our kayak paddles.

Cheers,

JackL

Equinox
makes a simple paddle bag - I paid about $20 for mine at a shop in Wrightsville PA, but finding one on-line is nigh to impossible. I tried. Ask your local retailer if they can order one.

Jim

Easy to make yourself.

– Last Updated: Sep-18-06 11:31 AM EST –

Material needs to provide some cushioning and really needs to BREATH. Do not use waterproof materials.

Polar Fleece is almost the perfect material as it is has these qualities AND it does not unravel when cut so it saves a lot of finish type sewing. Shop the scrap, odds and ends of your local sewing store.

Cut the polar fleece and sew two sides together. You are done, paddle bag! Add a tie closer, webbing handle, or what ever you want to taste. Sew 3, 4, 5, more (?) layers together and have a multiple paddle bag. Just remember to make it bigger as multiple paddles will require more room in each compartment.

Suggest putting paddles in their bags into a bigger bag you can easily and securely place on top of your load. I tie my large bag of paddles in bags on the top shelf of to a top anchor of a seat belt in my van. I find it keeps them safer from shifting loads and clumsy paddlers.

>:^)

Mick

BTW: I still like my paddles in gun socks and then all inside a larger bag the best.

Skii Bags Work Good Too!

I picked up a heavy fabric snow skii bag in my local REI’s Attic for under $10.00. It holds 5 sets of paddles (broken down), has a full length zipper, and carrying handles. It also has three webbing straps with plastic clips (same as a PFD) around the circumference. my two wooden paddles are even packed in a separate bag and there is still plenty of room.

Beach Towels
Folded in half (lengthwise) and stitched together. Simple and effective. Two beach towels can hold 4 paddles, broken down.

Tent bag…
Picked up a tent back at Building 19 in RI for $4.99, hold a 230 paddle (broke down), plus my PFD and other supplies. (You could use the gun sock inside it.) Even has a shoulder strap so it’s easy to carry.

Tent bag…
Picked up a tent bag at Building 19 in RI for $4.99, hold a 230 paddle (broke down), plus my PFD and other supplies. (You could use the gun sock inside it.) Even has a shoulder strap so it’s easy to carry.

sweatpants
A pair of extra tall sweatpants. one blade for each leg.