Paddle float rescues in breaking waves?

"a few non-destroyed originals"
LOL. One could say the same of paddlers or mountaineers.

Hurts even with a helmet
Then there’s all that sand in the hair, still find a little when washing hair even the 2nd day afterward.

Oh well, didn’t fit anyway.
I’m surprised how many people don’t fit a given boat. Somehow I thought that an adjustable back-band and foot braces would be enough. Alas, the Caribou was probably designed for relatively small people - especially the older design Caribou like mine.

Sigh, maybe that’s why most kayaks are super-fat, and have more space for long legs.

Caribou fit
Is kind of funky, the original anyway. I am a small paddler and found it uncomfortable as heck, regrettably because I still think it is a gorgeous looking boat. I wanted to love the boat. The owner was a woman who it fit well and she was close to my height. But she had some heft thru her hips and upper thighs that I lacked.

Ground down
Oh yes! I was just starting and paddling a rental SOT in the Gulf. A wave, not big at all but quick but rolling, dumped on the kayak, turned it sideways, and knocked me off in front (landward) of the kayak. The kayak had a lot of water inside (drain plug may have been loose) so it was very heavy. Next wave hit the boat, knocked me down under it, and scoured me across the sand. This was after a beach reconstruction following a hurricane, so the “sand” was mostly broken shell. My thigh, hip, and shoulder looked like I’d been mauled by a bobcat.

old thread but you’re selling a kayak not warrantying his skills. As stated above if he is asking this he has zero business being out in it. Having raced offshore boats for years I know how peoples interpretation of waves go. They are really clueless and usually can’t tell you what is really out there.