Paddle On

No paddling today, but it hasn’t been a bad year so far - here are some trips from this winter and spring.

https://vimeo.com/267008656

Another great paddling song from Jerry Vandiver - title song from his new album, and the nice thing is I have another four minutes for the rest of the year.

Today was 70 and sunny, so I worked in the yard. Rain tomorrow, so I get to paddle. :slight_smile:

We paddled a section of the Saco today… Apparently for some groups its a rite of spring before the crowds hit… There was group of guys of some age doing their thing and an AMC group.
7.2 miles in 1 hr 30 minutes. Plus 20 hiding in flooded woods for an in boat lunch. Beach… what frigging beach… Except there always is the huge one at Fiddlehead.

Love the Saco - anyone camping?

Had a nice paddle today in almost perfect weather, although later in the afternoon the wind picked up quite a bit.

Break to time stretch the legs.

@eckilson said:
Love the Saco - anyone camping?

Yes. Two parties of about 8 boats each were going to camp below Walkers Bridge and exit Sunday at Brownfield.
The issue is that aside from FIddlehead which has a big big beach… the campsites are low and recently flooded. With waters receding they are above river level but mucky.
and while yesterday was lovely, today not so much.

So a camper I was not this weekend.

Always smile when I see your videos and photos. Great lyrics, too. Downloading. Thanks.

@Rookie said:
Always smile when I see your videos and photos. Great lyrics, too. Downloading. Thanks.

Thanks Rookie.

@kayamedic said:
Yes. Two parties of about 8 boats each were going to camp below Walkers Bridge and exit Sunday at Brownfield.
The issue is that aside from FIddlehead which has a big big beach… the campsites are low and recently flooded. With waters receding they are above river level but mucky.
and while yesterday was lovely, today not so much.

So a camper I was not this weekend.

I went up to run the upper section of Winnipesaukee River yesterday, and all the rivers in NH were high - the Merrimack was up over its banks in a lot of places. It was beautiful on Saturday, but rained all morning on Sunday - kind of a bummer to wake up in the rain. Last time I ran the Saco (couple of years ago) I remember that a lot of the beaches were posted no trespassing. Never camped there, but would like to try it sometime.

Few pictures from the Winni here:
https://www.flickr.com/photos/eckilson/sets/72157694491447631/with/41071236514/

Makes me smile too. That looked like fun!

Still makes my knees hurt. :smile:

:slight_smile: