Paddle shaft collet/coupling source?

Does anyone know a company that makes the paddle shaft collets/couplings for the new style adjustable kayak paddles? I'm not looking for paddle manufacturers because they're all tight lipped about who they get their components from, but I was hoping someone may have run across the plastic (nylon) shaft collets manufacturer. Days of google searching has returned zippo.

Thanks

Bob

paddle ferrules
Sawyer paddles will sell you a stainless one, I think Chesapeake Light Craft and Newfound woodworks sell both stainless and carbon fiber. Have bought stainless from Sawyer and carbon from Newfound.

Dave

Proprietary
If you’re talking about the adjustable length/feather ones - most are proprietary.

The ones that might be available are not as slick. I’ve seen two that I think are used my more than one company (Not US) and may be available, but can’t find a source.

Maybe look at your local home centers, discount, and hardware stores to see what’s available with pruning poles, cleaning/painting poles, etc. Never know what might be adaptable - if not direct to shaft - maybe added to a standard ferrule set (for tight fit and strength).

The standard two piece is available lots of places in SS, Carbon, and Glass. A link to the ones mentioned above:

http://www.newfound.com/kayakacc.htm

Proprietary
Yes, the ones I’m looking for are for variable length & feather. Similar systems are used on telescoping walking sticks, various telescoping poles, light fixtures, swimming pool accessories, etc, but I have yet to find a company that produces or distributes these 2 plastic parts. I’ll eventually need several to build some prototype shaft configurations. Thanks again - Bob