Paddle Storage Creations

Hey FE ! Sunrise be risen!
Where are those pics???

Didn’t say wat day’s sun-up…

– Last Updated: Aug-14-10 9:53 AM EST –

here ye go....

http://tiny.cc/4ir7l

Coated de dowels wit dat plastic goop dat yer put on tool handles ta cut down on slippage too.

Here be a gizmo dat me'thinks ah' recollect Mr. Mike McCrea soogestin' fer hangin' paddles too.

http://tiny.cc/hri8t

FE

Impressive rack o’ sticks there, Elmo.

– Last Updated: Aug-14-10 10:09 AM EST –

I wisht I gots a Nashwaak back when you still could, and one o' dem Turtle whipper-snappers, too!

Yup! Ah’ jus’ wish ah’…

– Last Updated: Aug-14-10 10:10 AM EST –

bought a'nudder two o' dem Cruisers too. One great paddle which ah's now ams a'mighty careful wit.

FE

Thanks for the pics FE
Those paddles you own are works of art - very impressive.

That long hook may have promise. Gotta scout for that now at the local hardware stores.

THANKS !

Marilyn

I use
wooden racks from Home Depot. They carry 2 types. Only one has the dowels close enough for paddles so be sure you get the right style. They’re about 4 foot long and I can hang about 10 canoe paddles. Good prices also.

Pagayeur

Another take on paddle racks
This is a photo of a paddle rack that that I recently built for the back of my pickup truck. The paddles slide into narrow shelves, accessible from the back of the truck. No need to climb inside. One of the shelves is high enough to accommodate a case with up to four paddles in it. On to is a shelf for bulky items such as the rolled up Bell kneeling pad. On the side of it is a bar made of 1/2" galv. steel elec. conduit used to support a second kneeling pad that folds in half. The conduit is supported at the inboard end only so the pad can be slipped on and off from the end as well, again not requiring a climb in to the truck. A hanger bar the large hooks on the drivers side of the truck provided storage for PFDs etc.

Marc Ornstein

Dogpaddle Canoe Works

Custom Paddles and Woodstrip Canoes