paddle weight significance

It’s not strictly a question of physics"
You’re right, it’s more a question of nano-physics.

You guys are wimps
I did hold a small, 5oz. bag of chips in my hand for about 5 minutes and got very bored! It’s not worth arguing about 5oz.

Yes, I know you’re stuck with your arms-blah-blah-blah. The muscles that you use to LIFT the paddle are all in the shoulder. Bigger arms will not help hold themselves up… the muscles are in the shoulder and rotator cuff.

No one is saying that there is no benefit to lighter paddles. I’m only saying that 5oz. either way is insignificant…to me.

You guys need to work out more.

Light Is Good
Ultra light gets kinda silly. In cycling, having a light bike allows you to compete. However the cost and fragile nature of ultra light stuff starts getting ridiculous. How you feel on a particular day has a lot more to do with your performance than those few micrograms of weight savings.

Want to buy my old
Schwinn “Peloton” ?

Including 32 tooth rear inner gear for Mt Mitchell.

Good Morning Rex

Just finishing my first cup

Cheers,

jackL

Good Morning, Jack
Just got back from a cold bike ride. Letting my toes warm up some before I get in the shower. Last year I got a kick out of a guy going on and on about his light weight Dura Ace this and his titanium that. The guy had a beer gut! I was good. I didn’t make any wisecracks.

narrow
My turbo wing is a little heavier than epic but might drop into water easier for bettre catch.\ and the lack of a good catch before bringing blade back has been my main weakness. Technique, narrow blade and narrow boat make it much easier. Weight is overrated. I pad the push/pull part of shaft with whiteethafoam(1in by 6 in long-4 pieces total) to give illusion of flex shaft.