I really hope some experts out there can help me. I am planning a bachelor party for my best friend, and I believe a canoe trip would be ideal! If you have time to help, I’d really appreciate it.
Most of the guys are experienced living in the outdoors, and some have done multi-day canoe trips on rivers local to them. Attendees will be coming from different locations, so I’d like to find a river that is accessible if everyone were to fly in from a major airline. The groom would like to push the group a little bit out of their comfort zone, but still have the trip be enjoyable and exciting. Shooting for 3 days/2 nights in September. We’d like to camp each night.
Here are the details I’m looking for:
- Trip to occur on a weekend in September 2019
- 3 days/2 nights on river would be ideal
- 8-10 guys will attend (4-5 canoes)
- Willing to fly to a location to meet (most guys are coming from midwest US)
- Would prefer to see as few other people on the river as possible (secluded, wilderness type experience if possible)
- Would like backcountry campsites each night
- Would prefer moving water, with some excitement (moderate rapids)
- Gear can be brought, but open to renting to make it easier to coordinate
- Would like to rent canoes, but want self supported (no guide ideally)
- Would like to keep cost reasonable for the attendees
One of the challenges will be getting from airport to river launch and from take out point back to airport. I’d like to make that as smooth as possible for the group without renting cars if we can. I assume we’d fly the day before, or leave the day after, but I’d like to keep the full duration of trip to a long weekend (3-4 days).
I’m looking for ideas for great rivers that fit most of these attributes, so if you know something that may work, please let me know! I really appreciate it! I know timing is tight and need to get moving quick!
Thank you so much,