Paddling instruction in Arizona

A friend of mine was recently exposed to sea kayaking and is very interested in learning more. She lives in Pauldin, AZ which looks to me like it’s miles from anywhere that sea kayaking would be offered. Any ideas on where she should look for instruction? Anything going on in the Phoenix area?

She is not interested in WW.

Jon

Take me home with you 5 years experienc
Seriously though, there are dozens of places in AZ to paddle. I’ve been trying to move there for the last 3 years and can suggust many places. A better way to go about it would be to contact Southwest Paddlers.

So, about me in AZ, how would you like to help a fellow paddler find a job? Dennis Cell 570 352 8806

LOL unless you have not noticed
Arizona is a freaking desert.

My suggestion would be to take a trip out to San Diego, and take a weekend intensive course at Aqua-Adventures. They have the best instructors in the south western US.

I lived in Tucson for a few years and met some Whackos who claim to be experienced guides and paddlers. Tread carefully.

Sea of Cortez near Puerto Penasco is good spot for seakayaking as is lake Powell. Lower Colorado river is also fun.

Good input.
Thanks.

Drive to Lake Mead
My wife and I live in Tucson. The water in San Diego sounded too cold for us desert rats. We drove up to Las Vegas and took a one day intro course from Robert Findlay at kayaklakemead.com. The class consisted of us and another couple.

Findlay is an ex Army Ranger, rock climber, adventure racer and ACA instructor. He used Eddyline kayaks for the lesson.

We were more than satisfied with the course and shortly after bought our own boats.

Ernie