- Which is safer for paddling with a 3-year-old, a sit-in or SOT kayak? Why?
- Is it ever safe to take a toddler on the ocean? What are the caveats?
- What are the necessary safety precautions? For example, some here have mentioned tethering the toddler to the adult.
- With an SOT, if both the adult and the child end up in the water, what are the chances that they would be able to reenter?
- The kayak: What are the desirable qualities for kayaking with a toddler? (Length, width, etc.) Can anyone recommend a specific SOT or sit-in for one adult and a toddler? Weight is a concern as the (older female) adult needs to be able to transport it alone.
Sorry, that’s a lot of questions. Would appreciate hearing your experience.