Palm dry suit question

Just tried on a Palm dry suit and it has the back shoulder zip. It feels stiff and bunchy, have not tried it on with a PFD yet though. Will some of this stiffness get better with time? Any advice on zipping and unzipping yourself? It’s a doozy of an angle to deal with.

Thanks

feedback
stiffness decreases a bit, but really, once you are in your boat and paddling you just don’t notice it like you do when you are standing around.

two ways to do solo entry/exit

1. attach a longer line to the zipper pull (shoelace or similar) so you can reach it yourself.
  2. slam the zipper pull into a car door to hold it while you open the zipper

or
If the zipper pull has a loop of webbing on it, hook that over your roof-rack so you can get the zipper started.

Put some wax on that zipper too. The odd angle might be a little easier if you don’t need as much force.

or
If the zipper pull has a loop of webbing on it, hook that over your roof-rack so you can get the zipper started.

Put some wax on that zipper too. The odd angle might be a little easier if you don’t need as much force.

great tips
These are great tips to try. Thanks

Or
Buy a Kokatat.

Palm Drysuit
My wife and I both own Palm Drysuits. The back zipper is not uncomfortable, basically you don’t even know it’s there. Attaching a lanyard to the zip will aid you in doing it yourself. If you do this you need to put some stress on the zipper fabric by grabbing your left sleeve material with your left hand, raise your arm level with your shoulder and bend your elbow so that your hand holding the material is close to your chest. This pulls the material at the back tight, which is needed to get the zipper going. If you are flexible, you can do this without using a lanyard, just your other hand. Been doing this for years.

John

really want a Kokatat…but
This is such an awesome deal that i can not pass it up. Found it right here on Pnet. too. It fit’s the budget, Times are tuff and a Kokatat is on my horizon for someday. This will then become my spare. Plus i think i am helping someone else out in my purchasing it.I hope so anyway.

tried it again
after lubing the zipper and it was much easier. Thanks for all the tips everyone.