Paluski Fastwater

Paluski Canoes makes a poly boat called the Fastwater with interesting lines. http://www.paluski.com/fastwater.html

Has anyone ever paddled this boat?

Thanks,

Ralph

Haven’t paddled it. Looks like a good
design for rivers, including easier whitewater. Not enough rocker for primary whitewater use.

I tend to respect the technical expertise of people from the rowing community, having been a sculler myself. But I do not know whether their “laminated” poly construction will be as durable under severe punishment as Royalex or single-layer polyethelene.

If you don’t really hammer the boat, it will probably be long-lasting. The claimed 65 pound weight is quite light for a poly boat.

fastwater
tracks well, has a lot initial stability, very little final, though.

I bet, that’s one reason, they put the lip underneath the gunnels-to give the paddler at least some indication when to stop healing her.

Weight is underestimated and material is unrepairable if damaged. Better choice than a Coleman for a first canoe, though. Definitely too heavy and wide for kids. I’d rather buy fiberglass or a factory second RX canoe…

but that’s just me…

Have you paddled one?
Canoecamp,

Have you paddled one of these very much? Anything else you can add?

Thanks,

Ralph

fastwater
…had to buy one: a chainstore undercut my prices and customer commitment with those…I bought one for my demo fleet to show my customers what not to look for in a good canoe.

No one ever asked to buy this demo after paddling a Wenonah, Souris or Nova Craft.

The Paluski went into our rental fleet and is now in canoe heaven-unrepairable hull abrasion after only two seasons.