Pandemic Daydreaming...Beachcombing

I grew up a mile inland from the Beach on Singer Island Florida. I would ride my bike and spend the day. I enjoyed playing in the surf, and the interface of ocean and shore an ever changing and moving experience. Washed up on the beach after a storm there was an occasional find of Spanish doubloons on this section of coast. That fired my imagination and I searched in vain for golden treasure. Never realizing that I should have been looking for an encrusted object the size of a golf ball. The gold was hidden inside off course. Inside I found treasure of a different sort . A love of exploring the coast. I love to walk the beach. Join me for a bit of beachcombing if you will.

Let’s get an early start.
b1
b2

The best places to go are isolated beaches with a good high tide shell line.
b3
b4
b5
b6
b7

There is beauty at our feet.
s1
s2
s3
s4
s5

Shell Shocked: sometimes it’s hard to see the tree for the forest.
s6

Sometimes it’s not.
s7

It’s good to look up and around too.
sb1
sb2
sb3
sb4
sb5

There is sign others have been here before us.
This one is wearing a mink coat.
t1

I have a ghost of a feeling this one is crabby.
t2
t3

Bobcat on the prowl after last nights shower.
t4

Deer me this one dropped something.

This guy didn’t get very far.

Loggerhead Turtle this one is a big mama.
t7

Look other beachcombers, and I thought we had the place to ourselves.
u1
u2
u3
u4
u5
u6
u7
u8

It’s not uncommon to see the aftermath of tragedy on the beach.
v1
v2
v3

Well it’s getting late time to paddle on home.
v4

Some endings can be beautiful.
x1
x2
x3
x4

A few of the memories that we carry home.
y1
y2
y3
y4

1 Like

You have reached your space limit for 2020. You’re account will be suspended until January 1st 2021.
Just kidding of course. I grew up in Florida and our beaches didn’t look anything like this. We have hotels and condos. Nature is gone. Consider yourself blessed to be in such a wonderful place. We have some locations in South Carolina that look very similar. Great photos. Thanks for posting.

In the Pacific Northwest, people look for glass Japanese fish net floats. That and some good logs for building.

These are South Carolina beaches reached only by boat. The last time I visited the east coast of Florida I found what once were undeveloped beaches when I was growing up there to be in my eyes desecrated with high rise condos. Much of it with restricted access even though the beach itself isn’t private property. I find it sad.

1 Like

Well I guess it really does look like South Carolina since it is. It is sad what some beaches have become but it’s great we have still preserved some.

I was trying to upload some pictures from a recent trip to the coast but it won’t allow it. Not even one. Hmm.

So in the middle of the tool bar at the top of the reply box is a small picture icon. Click on that then click on the Choose File box that appears and click on the file with the photo you want, then click on the photo you want, then click on the Upload Box at the bottom. that is what works for me. Hope it helps you.

I should add I do only one at a time then do it all again for the next photo.

At least your hands aren’t idle Castoff,. aka Flotsam.
We’ve still got a few shells around from walking those beaches and the one at Hilton Head.
Back when beach houses were 1000 sq ft and noone had AC.

I rebooted my phone, then it worked. Thanks for your help.

Thanks for the pics. Living way inland these days, I wasn’t getting to the beach all that often even before the pandemic hit. Made me remember I got a shopping bag collection of shells myself, that I really should pull out and do something like decorate the bathroom or vegetable garden with :octopus: :shell: :dolphin: :tropical_fish: :blowfish: :shark: