pango 120 vs kestrel 120

I am looking for a recreational-type kayak, and am considering either the Pango 120 or the Kestrel 120. I’ve read the reviews on this site for both of them, have compared the specs, but have not yet paddled either one. Is there anyone here who is familiar with both, and could compare and contrast them for me? I am average female size (5’4", 140 lbs), not an experienced paddler or a physically strong person. I will be travelling on lakes, and only the quiet waters along the coast of Vancouver Island, where we live. No whitewater for this chick - at least not yet!

Have tried both…
…and bought the Kestrel. Both are nice, beginner-friendly boats–easy exit and entry, very stable. On the Kestrel’s side, it has dual paddle parks, and though the cockpit is large, it feels less like paddling in a bathtub than the Pungo did.

That said, it was about 3 or 4 years ago that I paddled a Pungo, so they may be different by now. Also, since I lost my Kestrel in Hurricane Ivan last fall, I replaced it with a Necky Manitou, which lacks the paddle parks, but overall is a somewhat sleeker, tiny-bit-faster boat with a better seat.

Anyway, there’s no substitute for getting in the boat and paddling it.

I have the Kestrel 120 RM
…and once I replaced the seat back with a whitewater backband it’s a great ride…

Which backband?
Did you use, Grayhawk? I’ve been thinking about using the same solution, but I have no idea how to choose a whitewater backband.

Thanks
Thanks for the suggestions. I had an opportunity to try a Kestral and really liked it, so I have one on order. Thanks again!

Backbands…
I used the stock one that came with my CD Caribou, not great but a whole lot better than the seat back that came with the Kestrel…

I just put a Snapdragon Backband 2 in my Tern, the one with the soft straps and I like it…

If you post a backband topic ? you will get a lot of advice… GH