Paris Schools Maligiaq

In the art of catching salmon

3 Likes

Paris is THE DOAG!

1 Like

Allow me to be envious. Paris and Maligiaq … wow!

1 Like

Priceless!

1 Like

Actually, she is the B***H!

2 Likes

Hey! That Parson’s poachin’ salmon!
Much to some’s delights.
Nah, it’s more The Servin’ On the Rocks,
then readin’ them last bites.

1 Like

To get past “Youth” hunt test via AKC Paris will have to bring the fish to you…:smirk:

1 Like

Tilley (the Carolina Dog) knocked on the slider just before bed time with a rabbit in her mouth. She was very proud of herself.

1 Like

I don’t know where this is but I’m pretty sure all of that (spearing salmon with a paddle, dog in salmon stream and dog molesting spawning fish) is illegal. It all probably resulted in many more injured fish. So, not cool!

I totally agree with Kootenay Canoe. Spearing of game fish is usually illegal in many countries. Also, the dog’s antics are trite. Salmon at spawn deteriorate rapidly and can usually be picked up by hand in shallows where that dog is. This is a cheap shot video, not classy at all!

The likelihood hood is that the salmon have already spawned and typically will die. Of course you could see if it’s possible to prosecute the dog.

1 Like

Paris and her “pop” are in Anchorage, Alaska, so I’m guessing this is Cook Inlet, a salt water fjord. They are well within the parameters for techniques and season for salmon catch for SE Alaska. Most salmon catch restrictions are for when the fish are migrating in fresh water for breeding. Regulations below for this region if you are curious. Also, Maligiaq is a native Greenlander (Inuit/Kalaallisut) so he would have more subsistence hunting and fishing latitude under US law.

They aren’t coloured so they look like fresh arrivals to the stream. I’d guess they are Chum - or, ironically, dog salmon. But they could be another species.
Certainly different rules would apply to indigenous fishers - although I don’t know if that would apply to the dog.

They were chum salmon. We took the 4 we caught home and they were consumed by Paris and Maligiaq. No other fish were touched by Paris. Lots were caught by sea birds and otters when we left

4 Likes

A picture’s worth a thousand words,
and over and overreactions,
as ten billion pixels swim into Net
rubbing surface the gritty gain traction.

There’s fishy ways while school’s in session,
for dogged memory to beat its drum.
When we finally swim our thoughts to shore,
will we come as Char or Chum?

2 Likes