Passing of a Legend

I hung out with him a bit at local symposiums way back. Such nice and witty man.

1 Like

Sorry for your loss. My condolences to all his family and friends. God bless.

Wisdom and knowledge that comes with experience needs to be passed on. A lot of those are lost when the following gens don’t pick it up. This applies to a lot of things.

2 Likes

I understand his son is in the game, so he was fortunate to pass his legacy on. His talent is widely valued and appreciated.

1 Like

Sorry for you King of the Ocean. I am going to a memorial service on Sunday for a close friend a retired doctor that was a famous cowboy poet. He lived all over the world and had time for everyone. He first started riding horses at the famous Hunewill Ranch in 1938. The good old timers are fading away. We can’t replace them. My Dad taught me everything. He is about to turn 97 in Seattle.

1 Like

For some tragic reason, too many don’t appreciate the contribution of their father. In some cases it for a good reason, but as for you, I also learned so much. I viewed him as as a rock who had the answers. I viewed my uncles the same way, despite their flaw. You’re fortunate, my father only saw 85. My mother passed at 76. She would have been 100 this year. It’s my mother and her sisters that I miss the most. Not only for their incredible strength; they worked side by side with us mixing mortar, laying brick, finishing cement and such things, but they so fed us in the meantime. Each specialized yet versitile, but my mother also had incredible compassion and selflessness. Good memories ppine.

2 Likes