Pentax Optio 43WR on Ebay

In case anyone is interested in the 43WR rather than the current WPi model, there are a few 43WRs available on Ebay auctions ending tomorrow. I like the idea of using AA batteries and having an optical viewfinder, so I bought one of these. Haven’t had a chance to try it out much, but I’m looking forward to being able to take pictures without first getting the camera out of a dry bag or box.

Be careful
when taking pictures not to accidentally hit the right or left toggle button, it will increase or decrease your exposure without your realizing it. I have lost a lot of irreplacable pictures because of this poorly thought out “feature”

It’s a DIGITAL camera!
One of the best feature of digital camera is the ability to check the picture you just taken!

It’d take A LOT of careless button pushing to loss “a lot” of shots, even the “replacable” ones!

Kind of difficult
to “check” your pictures in bright daylight with 2-3 ft seas and 15 G2 4 wind, but maybe you are a better paddler than me :slight_smile:

Like every digital I’ve owned (I’ve had a few) the LCD is difficult to view in bright daylight. We were with friends from Hawaii and had traveled a lond distance to a very remote Lake and paddled 8-10 miles to wnere the pics were taken. The scenery was magnificant. Unduplicatable.

The other way around
>to “check” your pictures in bright daylight with 2-3 ft seas and 15 G2 4 wind, but maybe you are a better paddler than me :)<

Rather, I don’t take picture in 2-3 ft seas and 15 G2 4 wind! So, I’m no better paddler. :o(

If I feel comfortable enough to take pictures (looking through little tiny optical viewfinder to shoot without getting sea sick), I feel comfortable enough to check the results.

There’re times I just shoot without looking, by simply pointing the camera in the general direction and hope for the best. But those shots are, as I put them, “hope for the best” shots. Many of them don’t turn out and I’m not disappointed. When a few of them do turn out, I’m surprised and pleased.