Perception Eclipse spare parts? (thigh pads)

I picked up a used Perception Eclipse (Airalite) earlier this year and am refurbishing it. It’s in pretty good shape overall, some scratches and scrapes. I need to replace the thigh pads…one is completely missing. I have not been able to find a direct replacement part, would prefer to do so rather than shaping my own from generic stock.

Does anybody know of potential suppliers who might stock the Perception specific pad? Alternately, will a standard off the shelf NRS or similar pad do the job?

Also, btw, I need to replace the seat back buckles. I already sourced the buckles, need to buy a rivet tool and rivets. Not sure what size rivets to use, I’ve never riveted before (hence the need to buy the tool too!)

The Perception, along with a nice clean Impex Montauk, join a vintage CD Solstice GTS that I’ve had for three years. The Perception makes a great boat for my wife, or for visitors to use with me on our local kettle pond. Not sure about the Impex yet…I’ve only spent a few minutes in it, and found it tippy…but I need to spend some more time in it before i draw any conclusions. It will either stay in the fleet as a second boat for me, or become a “catch & release” candidate. :slight_smile:

Thanks!

I would start by contacting Perception directly with this question. There is a form at https://www.harmonygear.com/boatparts?tab=perception&utm_source=Perception%20Site&utm_medium=referral&utm_campaign=Replacement%20Parts&utm_content=navigation%20link

Let me know if that Montauk proves too tippy and becomes a candidate for catch & release. My spouse might be interested. Thanks!

@Doggy Paddler said:
Let me know if that Montauk proves too tippy and becomes a candidate for catch & release. My spouse might be interested. Thanks!

Probably won’t get it back in the water until spring. Just had some minor work done on the (personal) chassis and can’t run/bike/kayak for another three weeks. It does stay warm here on the cape through October and beyond, but if I do get out, it won’t be in an unknown boat… :slight_smile:

@Peter-CA said:
I would start by contacting Perception directly with this question. There is a form at https://www.harmonygear.com/boatparts?tab=perception&utm_source=Perception%20Site&utm_medium=referral&utm_campaign=Replacement%20Parts&utm_content=navigation%20link

Great idea, thanks! I had found that page but didn’t see the inquiry form below the doc links!

Thanks!

@lml999 said:

Probably won’t get it back in the water until spring. Just had some minor work done on the (personal) chassis and can’t run/bike/kayak for another three weeks. It does stay warm here on the cape through October and beyond, but if I do get out, it won’t be in an unknown boat… :slight_smile:

Speedy recovery!