Perception Swifty 9.5 (the 9.5 model; not the deluxe that is 9.6)

I love to kayak. Unfortunaely, I have a handicap and the best kayak for me is the Perception Swifty 9.5 (not the deluxe model at 9.6; the old 9.5). But, I dragged it one time too many and bore a hole in it; that I have been unable to repair. If anyone has one in good condition that they no longer use and would like to part with; please let me know. I can pick it up. Let me know. Thanks.

Your location would help.

Have you figured out how not to wear a hole in the next one?

Thanks Jim !
I was tempted to explain to the OP that if the yak was treated properly it would not have a hole in it from being dragged but your words are much more tactful than mine.

Is Buddy looking for a free boat?

@JackL said:
Thanks Jim !
I was tempted to explain to the OP that if the yak was treated properly it would not have a hole in it from being dragged but your words are much more tactful than mine.

Jack, it’s a first when I’m more tactful than anyone!
buddys, I am also handicapped. I have a hard time walking with a leg brace and a cane. I have not and will not drag a hole in a boat.

Aw, now. Don’t give up on getting it repaired.

My first kayak was a Perception Swifty 9.5, and while I never dragged it roughly or unnecessarily, after 9 years of a lot of use, a small hole did appear in the stern. I took it to my local kayak shop (Travel Country in Altamonte Springs, FL) and they were able to plastic weld a repair which was perfect until someone stole the Swifty 4 years later.

After it was stolen, I bought a used one to replace it. Although I have 3 ultra lite canoes and a Hurricane Skimmer 128, I still enjoy using the Swifty occasionally.

See if you can find someone who can plastic weld it for you.

Hey Jim and Jack, I sure don’t drag my canoes, not even letting the stern touch the sandy bottom to pull it onshore. I get in with the boat floating, get out with the boat floating, and pick them up right out of the water. But the kayaks do get pulled up onshore, because I can’t lift them straight out of the water, which means the stern touch the bottom for a short distance. That’s how I treated my little Swifty, too, and it took 9 years, but finally…We don’t know what the OP’s handicap is, so he or she may not be able to do what you do.