Perimeter line question

Old Current Designs Storm GT here. Wife bought it last summer. In the image here you see the perimeter line this elastic bit that is attached to the perimeter line but runs “inside.” You can see the non-stretch part goes through an eye then runs back down the other side. The elastic bit doesn’t go through the eye. Is this right? What is suppose to be the use of this? It happens in the bow and stern.

1 Like

I think it is so you can tuck the handle into it so it does not flap around loose. One of my Wilderness Systems kayaks has something like that too.

1 Like

You can also tuck the tip of your Greenland stick under there to help secure it on deck.

1 Like

Yes that’s it.

1 Like

Here’s a picture showing the handle being held in place by the bungee cord on my wife’s CD Solstice GTS. In case you are wondering, it is not necessary to take the handle out of the bungee cord loop in order to lift the kayak by the handle.

3 Likes

Works great I couldn’t stand a toggle banging around. Better for a rescue because you know exactly it where it will be. It won’t be hanging on one side opposite where person may be.

1 Like