PFD fit

Thanks
You guys convinced me that my wife’s MsFit PFD is perfect for me. I attached my nose plug and whistle to it last night and told my wife that we would be going shopping for her replacement PFD.

The model MsFit we have must be the basic model because it only has one side pocket and another inside the zipper on the front.

I’m headed the the Golden Gate Symposium this weekend where I hope to learn how to use a tow line and other important safety stuff I don’t yet know. I suppose I’ll need more pockets in my PFD for a knife, radio and the other stuff I see paddlers carry.

Thanks again. You save me from buying another PFD.

pfd
Do you want to look good or save your life?

Minimize gear in/on PFD
Only really essential items should be on (or in) your PFD and it’s very much dependent on where you are. Different priorities for Sea kayaking, Whitewater, and Recreational boating. I run whitewater mostly, so for me, I have a whistle attached to a shoulder strap, a knife mounted at a lash tab, my car keys in a pocket, and spare noseplugs in the pocket.

Narrow that list of essentials down or work up a ditch bag if they start making the PFD too bulky.

Jim

i like
the kokatat guide. very nice in the water, making things easy.