Picture Rocks Nat'l Lakeshore Access

I am hoping to find someone with local knowledge about launching sites around Picture Rocks National Lakeshore in Michigan that are accessable with a car. I know one can launch from one end of the park or the other (eg, Miner’s Beach), but that requires a multi-day trip to see what I want, and I do not wish to do that on this trip. There are some specific sites along the shore I want to paddle to (like Spray Falls) but for a one-day trip it will require launching from the middle of the park - more or less.

Does anyone know if I will be able to launch from the campground at Little Beaver Lake and paddle out to Lk Superior and return?

Is it possible to park at the end of Chapel Road and make your way out to Lake Superior along Chapel Creek and Chapel Lake? I asked the park service about parking there and just using a kayak cart to pull everything out to the launch site at Mosquito River and was told carts are not allowed on trails.

Thanks for the help

Beaver Creek
is navigable, I believe. When I was there on a trip from Munising to Grand Marais last year, a large group of what appeared to be a guided trip paddled out of Beaver Creek and into Lake Superior. There is a log jam at near the mouth that must be portaged, but it’s not terribly difficult. I’ve also seen guys camped out at the Beaver Creek site complete with tarps, coolers, wall tents, and other luxury items they canoed in from the Little Beaver campground.