Thank you all for the excellent suggestions! It IS a really fun event, and great for newbies as well as experienced paddlers. Part of the benefit in doing it together is sharing tools, supplies and skills. Some of us are less handy than others. I won’t mention names - haha.
Here’s the consolidated list of all your suggestions so far… great ideas!
- Reflective tape * in moderation. Keel Easy strips.
- Boat wrap (not sure what this is, though), underwater lights
- SeaDog Sail
- Deck Compass
- Northwater Under Deck and Interior Mount Cockpit Bags
- Northwater Paddle Britches
- Epoxy D Rings to the floor of the hull for a water bladder tie in point
- Quick Release Rescue Straps
- Minicell foam footbrace
- Cool stickers and boat names
- Colorful deck lines
- Pad-eyes all along the hull for deck-lines and all over the cockpit for attachment points. Every pad-eye at the cockpit has a matching one inside for an inside attachment point
- Add bulkhead or forward hatch
- Add bungie paddle holder to each side of the cockpit
- Lighting strips
A couple of people are planning to add “loading enhancements” to their racks, like the side extension bar. One guy might add a rudder, although that sounds like quite a project for a couple of hours.