pix...no words yet.....

http://corgimas.googlepages.com/rockhopper

60 odd pictures to intrigue you…

goodnight…

Evil looking internal nipples?
Are those covering screw wells ?

Don’t like the fins.

The hull shape is different than I expected too.

Looks a bit like a tuffy trash can turned into a Man From Uncle Kayak.

cool
Congratulations.

I’d love to play in one.

Mixed Reactions…
I actually like the hull. Think it’s a good blend of a planing and somewhat of a seakayaking hull, the latter especially towards the bow.

Totally disappointed with the fin boxes. Should have taken a note from the current boxes in the plastic surf kayaks.

The skeg, in my opinion, is located too far forward. Seems to be under the cockpit almost. I guess they feel with the rocker, the skeg may be out of the water part of time in rough seas. Don’t know, I would have still located just aft of the cockpit to give leverage in tracking the rear. At the same time, with such a short boat where weathercocking is not as much of an issue, it may not matter as much foward. It certainly challenges the surf folks’ thinking about the thrusters in front for direction and the center fin in back for drive and through additional holding on the wave face. I would actually try to surf this boat with just the skeg down in varying degrees, just like the old single fin long boards, and rely on edge and aggressive stern ruddering with the paddle to do the steering.

Anyway, look forward to your report. Plenty of wave opportunities to get it out there this week.

sing

Guess they tested the fin location
I’m wondering if it wouldn’t surf better with just the center fin, you would have to guess that they did some research and development work on the fin location, the hull shape is interesting, part of it reminds me of what heritage did with the seadart, wondering about the best way to roll the boat, probably weight back and strong early snap, would like to try it in rough water.

i teach a program for 1 & 2 year olds

– Last Updated: Apr-17-07 10:29 AM EST –

my mantra has become: "they are only one and two
in hopes to remind myself that they will be unable to understand what i am attempting to teach them...

The rh340 is not a HP surfing boat....might not even be a P-not certain yet.....

Julian Patrick who designed it was the designer for P&H (correct me if that is incorrect-i know there are more P&H people out there).....so it has aspects of a touring boat-and-aspects of a surfing boat....the skeg i think is straight out of P&H....Malcolm Pearcy of Mega had some input but i am not certain how much or in what capacity.....maybe peter orton knows more (i have spoken to him about the rh340) and can fill us in....

i am very pleased with the shape/look of the hull...the fins-eh....i think that they will help to pin the stern in somewhat....but i am imaging that they will not be instrumental in dynamic moves....but the aft 2/3rds of the hull look like the hull of an ic surf boat...smooth relatively flat....looks like it should be fast...the rh340 does have a hard chine-ish transition from bottom to side of the hull....

i am 5'10" ~225# or so
Fit-the seat is high~2"....but comfy...deck height (in the pix) is shown at 16"....big cockpit....i have good size thighs and could still pull a leg through the cockpit first....
i do not have the thigh hooks as fore as they can go either....the bulkhead/pressureplate with flotation is just like a river running whitewater baot withthe footrest attached to two aluminum bars that come towards the cockpit....the bars have holes for changing the placment....i have a 28" inseam so the plate is about 1/2 up the adjustment holes right now....
the edge of the cockpit is right at the top of my upper thigh-should be an comfy roling boat....

okay..nuff for now...
rob