Places Similar to Voyaguers NP Water-Access Campsites?

I have paddled on Rainy Lake in Voyageurs NP twice now, kayaking out to an island campsite and staying 3 or 4 nights. All the campsites are accessible by water only, no car camping, and often there is just one campsite per island - great for those of us who really want to get away from it all. I haven’t had any success trying to find a similar arrangement somewhere else. Is anyone aware of another location offering the remote feel of VNP? Thanks in advance for any suggestions or discussion.

There are some big lakes in the BWCAW that would fit the bill. I am assuming you are not interested in portaging. You can get a motorized tow to Lac la Croix or Basswood. Both are big lakes with lots of exploring potential. The tows get you through the portages. Saganaga you can paddle into without a tow. There is a very short portage from Sag into Red Rock Lake for a day trip. If you have a passport and Remote Area Border Crossing permit you can go to Quetico Park Cache Bay Ranger Station and get a day permit and visit Silver Falls on the Maligne River, some pictograghs there, too. If you want a big lake with no motors I highly recommend Brule Lake. From Brule its a very short portage into South Temperance for a day trip. Brule is big enough to spend a couple days exploring.

If you feel ready for even bigger and colder water the Ontario shore of Superior offers spectacular touring. Dry suit or wetsuit even in summer recommended. Definitely not beginner territory.

The entire coast of Superior between Thunder Bay and the Soo
Lake Huron north and east shore including Georgian Bay
The 3500 mile long Maine Coast with some 400 camping islands
Lake Nipigon

Thanks for the ideas! Clearly I am not searching as efficiently as I could be if I’ve missed that many possibilities. I appreciate the suggestions.

Quetico, Boundary Waters, Algonquin, Temagami and about a third of Ontario.