Please define "null point"

I am reading a kayak guide in which the author uses the term “null point”. Going by the context, I think it means the location in a channel at which high tide flowing from opposite directions “meets.”

Is this correct? If not, what does it mean?

If it is correct, it sounds like a well-timed arrival at that point provides a long, free ride!

it may be
the point where a river meets an incoming tide. The point would move upstream until the tide changed. Just a guess.

Tide Line
I have always refered to that point as the tide line. I dont know if that is the correct terminology or not. Often you will see disturbed water similar to a race, and sometimes you will see foam or debris marking this point.

Happy Paddling,

Mark

Null point is that place…
…in which a discussion on bicker and banter

reaches its steady state name calling and cheap

political baiting.

just as i thought!

Hard to define but I’ll use in sentence

“Zippy the Pinhead had a null point on his skull from birth trauma.”

It’s like a cow’s opinion
It doesn’t matter.

Oh wait, that’s a moo point.

Kindasorta
That’s closest to what I’m reading into it, but not specific to river:tide interface. Since I am thinking it refers to water movement in opposite directions, either toward each other or away from each other, it wouldn’t apply to river:tide interfaces more than half the time.

Funny, but I thought it would be a standard term. After doing a google search, I found lots of other definitions of “null point” but not a marine application.

Could it
be the author was refering to slack tide?