Please let the Forest Service know what you think of proposed rule changes

Please see this article in today’s New York Times titled “The Forest Service Needs Public Commentary” describing proposed changes to Forest Service rules that would bypass public commentary on projects like logging and building roads on public lands. The article contains links to ways you can register your objection to the rule changes. The deadline for comments in August 12. I hope you will let the Forest Service know that you want to have a voice in how public lands are used.

ARTICLE: https://www.nytimes.com/2019/08/07/opinion/forest-service-trump.html
FOREST SERVICE COMMENT PAGE: https://www.regulations.gov/docket?D=FS-2019-0010

Thank you!

Thanks, I will certainly comment!

Just did it. Thanks for the links.

Believe it or not, there are many people who live in the National Forests.
I am one of them .

As far as I am concerned they do a great job right now, and are very environmentally friendly

?? So Jack, are you arguing against keeping public comment in the process? If so plz explain, there may be something that I missed. Seriously.

Personally I didn’t see any criticism of the job the Forest Service has traditionally done, especially in anyone’s comments here. I do disagree with removing a public comment phase, but that is being imposed from above. I was a public sector employee myself, at a state level. It isn’t the fault of the minions when larger changes get imposed on them.

I just left a comment. Thanks for the link.

done.

Me, too.

@Celia said:
?? So Jack, are you arguing against keeping public comment in the process? If so plz explain, there may be something that I missed. Seriously.

Personally I didn’t see any criticism of the job the Forest Service has traditionally done, especially in anyone’s comments here. I do disagree with removing a public comment phase, but that is being imposed from above. I was a public sector employee myself, at a state level. It isn’t the fault of the minions when larger changes get imposed on them.

Who is arguing ? - and I also didn’t see any criticism .
I was just making a point on how well I think the national forests are being managed.

@JackL OK. I just wasn’t sure what was going on there because the general response in the thread was for folks to reply that they appreciated the link to file a comment.