Pls help ID my Mad River (Solo?) Kevlar

@Yanoer said:

@stevet said:
Just my 2¢ worth but never saw a Curtis with sandwiched rails…owned a few going way back.

You are correct about my Lady Bug - no exposed hull edge. Now you’ve got me wondering which of my past boats that was, since I didn’t have that many with wood gunwales.

LOL… It’s usually Royalex that has exposed edges… Since you probably have owned everything this could be quite a mental exercise.

@kayamedic said:

@Yanoer said:

@stevet said:
Just my 2¢ worth but never saw a Curtis with sandwiched rails…owned a few going way back.

You are correct about my Lady Bug - no exposed hull edge. Now you’ve got me wondering which of my past boats that was, since I didn’t have that many with wood gunwales.

LOL… It’s usually Royalex that has exposed edges… Since you probably have owned everything this could be quite a mental exercise.

You give me way too much credit - I probably haven’t even owned even 1/10 of the canoes that interest me :smile:

I’ve never owned a royalex canoe with wood gunwales.

I know that I’ve had at least one solo canoe with exposed hull edge between the gunwales, but I can’t remember which one. Maybe it was just at the drain slots on the inwales?

Definitely a Courier, I’ve owned a Kevlar model and a Royalex one…

1 Like

My RX Courier is 32" exactly for gunnel width. I have a couple spec sheets and ‘beam’ is never mentioned per se.

I never did get back to correct the width. I have kept an eye one the hull and so far no visible signs of distortion.