Pls recommend a light truck tire.

I don’t know if they make sizes for light trucks but I recently did a bunch of research and decided on Vredesteins (German-made) for my small SUV . They were highly rated as cheaper than Michelins but “just as good” and even “better” in performance. I’ve put 3,000 miles on them since Spring and have found them excellent for grip and handling on city and country roads and smooth and quiet for high speed highway travel. They have a pretty aggressive looking tread that I expect will work well in snow – it has proven reliable in heavy rain already, I ordered them from Tire Rack and they shipped them to my local installer within one day.

Plies depends on you GVWR rating. 3 or 4 season is a whole different ball game. Tires labeld ST are for trailers only. I have had Michelin s on two trucks since 2001 and 2004. Excellent tires but cheaper per mile because the last a long time.

No suggestions as to make or model tire, but do recommend Discount Tire stores. Very competitive prices, great and fast service at any store for tire life-time. Twice they have swapped out my 4 tires for another choice after 3 or 4K miles during which noise or handling or fuel economy was an issue to me. They did not prorate price, i just paid or refunded difference between the two.

I’ve been extremely happy with the FAlken Wildpeak AT3w on my F350.

I ordered the Cooper Evolution H/T Owl. I’ll let you know what I think I’m a week or 2. Thanks for the suggestions.

tirerack.com

Hey Willowleaf! So someone else has heard of Vredesteins! I don’t know nuthin’ about truck tires but Vredestein makes great bicycle tires. Good grip, long lasting, and they are not expensive. Rolling resistance comparable to everyone else’s best.

Have verd on my Vette GY stopped making size I need for a while. Hardly drive it seem ok

ANOTHER TIRERACK.COM RECOMMENDATION

Jim-

As several have noted, TireRack .com is a terrific resource. You can search for tires by vehicle or by size, and then by category, and conduct comparisons of up to 5 models per assessment. Tires are rated and charted by driver feedback by a series of about a dozen attributes, and you can rank their interactive database base by column/attribute. There are frequent tire testing performed by TireRack drivers, and feedback is provided along most of the parameters used in the ranking/rating charts, which are color-coded to provide rapid evaluation for many tires in a glance.

I’ve used TireRack for tire evaluations for 15 or so years, and have bought from them several times, had them drop-shipped to my mechanic, and had them locally installed. Even if I don’t buy from them, they offer an eccellent, multifaceted resource for matching tires to your vehicle and driving style, and comparing, contrasting, and evaluating tires before you buy, without having to listen to salespeoe promote only those they sell.

Happy hunting and good luck as you seek new shoes for your wheels, whether or not they’re on vehicles used to tote your boat(s) to

PADDLE ON!

Frank in Miami

As noted, I am getting Continentals from the Toyota dealership. They have a buy 3/get one deal that makes them very competitive. I checked tirerack and the tires are highly rated.

What happened to the Coopers?

They both start with C? I’m dyslectic?
The Cooper’s are on the truck . Good looking tyres.

Last time I checked out the tire sites they have great info but reading reviews if you have a problem with the tire at install the installer is not responsible and the co. has to make it right. I found the tires I wanted on sale locally at Sears auto for less plus peace of mind.

@grayhawk said:
Last time I checked out the tire sites they have great info but reading reviews if you have a problem with the tire at install the installer is not responsible and the co. has to make it right. I found the tires I wanted on sale locally at Sears auto for less plus peace of mind.

Sears was my dad’s go-to place for new tires for as far back as I can remember. Who would have thought that tires bought at Sears nowadays might easily outlast the company that sold them?

Sad with Sears. The large Sears store was closed but the separate auto store was still open and busy.
I liked the Kmart auto stores, in Reno you could go into the store and play the slot machines while your car was being worked on.