polycarbonate for booze?

Is this M.P?

flask
Laphroaig, mmmmmm!

Spill some in the coffe cup to watch the sun rise.

Straight up with a dash of water after dinner.

My booze goes in a Brunton flask/Sigg bottle.

Fuel goes in a Nalgene fuel bottle.

I do not care if the gas tastes like plastic!

butthead

I prefer
Springbank, but almost any single malt is better than anything else. Leaded glass leaches a significant amount of lead into the whisky–all those lovely decanters are for decoration only.

Hey, if i am going to transfer Blantons
out of a bottle surrounded by a soft velveteen bag I feel it should at least be cradled in foam. You know, so the alcohol molecules don’t get rattled.

Jim

Addendum
Lagavulin 16 to share with good friends

Caol Ila for plebian guests

Yes, the house does smell like a smoke stack if we have company…

I don’t know about quality scotch but
it’s a proven fact that plastic a jug actually improves the flavor of rotgut preimum whisky or moonshine. Beyond that the bottle doesn’t break when you fall down!

odor retention, bah!
Sure, one of my nalgene bottles smells like my booze, that’s why it’s dedicated for the purpose! Why would you want to put water in it anyway? There are plenty of other places to carry the water.

A single-malt Scotch…

– Last Updated: Jan-23-07 12:37 AM EST –

in plastic? Sacrilege I say, SACRILEGE! I partake of alcohol very seldom but I have a opened bottle of 21 year old and an untouched bottle of 40 year old single malt scotch. On a special ocassion I'll carry a small flask for a sip as an after-dinner nightcap when camping after a long day's paddle to ease the aches and pains. I'm not opening the 40 y.o. bottle until a very, very special occasion occurs. But I will never, NEVER put any of my scotch into a plastic anything. To do so would incur some very serious karma from not only the river gods but from God Almighty himself. If you are into such practices don't paddle with me as I live in the lightening capital of the US and I don't want to be in range of a bolt meant for you!

"I’m sorry, m’am, you’re going to have…
“to drink this”

exactly!
why not just put a small glass bottle inside a nalgene bottle to protect it? Instead of risking ruining good booze. Sometimes it’s the principle of the thing that counts. The way I see it, good booze is just such a instance.

Tis a no-no
to carry glass containers into the BWCA.

Jim

you mean
my medicine in that bottle is bad for my health ???

Oh, many of us
have started using these…

(ok, here is where you can order them guys…)

http://www.containerandpackaging.com/itemlist.asp?itemtype=Bottles&subtype=Twin-neck&Style=

They are the bottles like Stabil comes in. You can squeeze up a shot and hit it. Very handy around the campfire.

Vic introduced us to them in the Ozarks, I found this source online to buy them. Great for carrying your selected beverage–don’t forget to order the lids…

so carry nalgene
if you get stopped, you know nothing: it’s the nalgene that’s carrying the glass!

Finally remembered what they’re called
Bota bags - this is what my brother used to smuggle hootch into rock concerts in the 70’s - or so I’ve heard. Also good for skiing - you carry the bag over one shoulder inside your parka, which warms the booze up to body temp so you can stay warm on that long chair lift ride to the top… or so I’ve heard. If (when) you fall down skiing, there’s nothing to break, but your bones, I guess. You could even stash a small one in a pfd pocket…

http://www.survivalequipment.net/botabags.html

flask schmask!
Why not use a camelback? :wink:

I’m constantly torn between fine cognac and good scotch, and fortunately my job keeps me travelling to Europe where I can stock up on the good stuff. The last time through heathrow I picked up a bottle of Glenlivet Nadurra, a 16yr non-chill filtered single malt. In 20+ years of sipping fine scotch, this has gotta be one of my favorites.

Personally, I would just carry the bottle and not worry about nalgene, stainless, etc. But then I like the sound of a cork coming off a good bottle!

The fines for glass is huge
Many places, you get caught with glass it cost you a bunch!! And yes, they do occasionally check.

whiskey a bit OT but hey
i just recieved this link from my new fav. whiskey maker:

Jon Mark & Robbo…

http://singlemalt.tv/

no trade

Worst part of odor retention hasn’t
been mentioned yet. What if your whiskey picks up the aftertaste of water from the bottle ;o)>

Nothing like a relaxing drink with friends around the fire as you watch the sunset after a great days paddling. May you all have many of these this year.

Salut

Randy