Pretty Pictures - Just Pretty Pictures

Evening paddle, Keene NH.

22 Likes

Nice pic.

Well, you have my profile photo. Oh, you said pretty.

8 Likes

nice!

14 Likes

Doug, I hope that storm was going the other way. We had one like that pop up near Hilton Head. I really wanted that photo but more wanted to get out of the way. It caught us at the take out.

2 Likes

We escaped that one but not this one. Pretty frequent occurrence in the Thunderstorm Capital of the United States, especially during the summer. Our area averages thunderstorms 83 days of the year.

11 Likes

Was caught in one a little over a week ago on Jocassee.

7 Likes

We go out before the storms. Sometimes it’s not the kayaks. This was a difficult picture to take. Needed three hands.

1 Like

1 July 2019,
At the end of Brown’s Tract, entering Raquette Lake on the Cannonball-90 at around 0500 AM. The entire Adirondack 90 mile Canoe Classic race route in a single calendar day., Leaving Old Forge at Midnight, arriving at Saranac Lake around 8:00 PM. The actual race is run over a 3 day period in September, but some of us annually paddle the route on or near the longest day of the summer with no assistance on portages (totalling 10 miles on the Cannonball) or end of day transport as is done in the actual race.

8 Likes

@yknpdlr

Have you ever done the Ausable River Canoe Marathon?

@Rookie said:
@yknpdlr

Have you ever done the Ausable River Canoe Marathon?

I have not done the Ausable, but several of my local canoe race partners have. i’ve seen videos of how that is run and don’t think I would like it or be competitive. I’ll take the Yukon 1000 mile any day as my favorite for the planning, river strategy, and long days of adventure. I did however once train for a day with the Australian National Dragonboat Team in Canberra. That was fun too.

1 Like

Juvenile Bald Eagle, Springfield NH

13 Likes

Summer shower in Saguenay Fjord, Quebec.

5 Likes

Dead calm on Lake Tahoe.

7 Likes

local river in Michigan

small lake in Michigan

big lake in Michigan

same big lake

7 Likes

A favorite “secret” landing spot in Maine.
Imgp0056a

6 Likes

Morning Inside the Reef at Bajo Point

The village of Aass once existed near our camp at Bajo Point. We visited and found long house depressions just off the beach. Today, Black Bears traverse the beach, forest and campsites. Ditto for the Wolves who came to my tent before dawn to teach me the Shaman’s dance. Interesting that they co-exist here.

Nootka Island, BC

49 37’03”N 126 49’34”W

7 Likes

Great photos everyone!

GuideboatGuy New Year’s Day '05

Setting out from my “home port”Departure Arena 01

Sunrise on the Current R. MO

9 Likes