Pretty Pictures - Just Pretty Pictures

Consistently beautiful.

It is an amazing place and rarely do we see other people. Part of the reason is the mosquitoes and no-see-ums can be overwhelming on the beach at times. The onshore wind is your friend. I never paddle there without a head net, repellent, long pants and sleeves. There is 11 miles of salt marsh and bays between there and the ramp on the mainland. We do see the occasional fishing boat and shrimp boats

Our Eastern Shore if the Chesapeak Bay can be buggy, but the Eastern side is virtually bug free, even the brackish water marshes. August brings nasty bitting flies if the wind blows from the north,

1 Like

2 Likes

You visit done of the greatest places.

1 Like

So last week I
1 - retired
2 - moved to western NC

Two days later I was out on Fontana Lake. Thursday night had about 11 hours of serial thunderstorms but I was cozy on my island!

P5240074
P5220053
P5230069

7 Likes

Another Fun run on the Susquehanna… finished 2nd C4, that’s 84,88,92 Olympian Terry Kent in the middle C1….

3 Likes

8 Likes

Iris has got a guide boat.
She was looking for her guy.
Often where you hull brings forth some bud’s call.
Or was it Violet that caught his eye?

3 Likes

Somewhere Crozier the Rainbow?
Or Wabash, too?
We-no-nah what you’re racing,
but C1 is fast for you.

Or, are you Diller-dallying with the Savages, in the pre-Carbon Period?

2 Likes

Yes they were THAT fast…

2 Likes

Spring

3 Likes

Wasilla Lake

6 Likes

Hey, isn’t that the Pumphouse Restaurant in Fairbanks? It sure looks like it. Years ago I drank one of my most welcome beers ever on that deck and watched a float plane come in very low to land on the river.

2 Likes

Where’s this?

We’ve had a lot of rain and storms lately, haven’t we?

Jocassee is the best.

San Marcos, Tx training run

Texas Traffic Jam

Some of these dams are fun to get around

Log jams grow big around here

They make nice runs below tho

3 Likes

The Texas Traffic Jam suggests to not drink the water downstream - probably a general rule anyway.

2 Likes

Here in PA, the state doesn’t like livestock wandering into waterways so they have had programs for rural property owners that provide grants and even direct mitigation to prevent it. My ex boyfriend owned 40+ acres directly along about 1000’ of the West Branch Susquehanna and had a grazing field where he would let his horses run and upon which he was going to let a friend pasture some sheep. In order to assure that the stock wouldn’t wander into the river, the state paid to not only completely enclose the 6 acre pasture with solar-powered electric fence, but they also installed a buried water line from a nearby hillside spring to a pump in the middle of the field so that he could set up a stock watering tank.