Pretty Pictures - Just Pretty Pictures

Fantastic :us::+1:t3::smiley:

Yesterday :blush:

3 Likes

Stunning!

Campsite on Stuart Island in the San Juan Islands. Not a spectacular picture, but the video is better – https://youtu.be/kT5gLdPHVBE

6 Likes

But look how similar my lake is to his!

Approximately the same latitude BTW

1 Like

Enjoyed that, thank you for posting
We can use that information

Have you need to Whidby Island ? That campground is the best, wow

Also we want to go to the Skookumchuck in BC

Nothing like morning on the river. Upper Econlockhatchee River, FL

9 Likes

You are not afraid of those big alligators I see eating people on YT? My mom sends me pictures of giant ones on the golf course.

6 Likes

I am used to them I guess leaving in FL for 26 years and exploring wilderness by all ways I can. And I’ve never heard about gators attacking plastic kayaks. Sooo, no I am not (kind of), but try to be careful. And don’t believe everything you see on UT :)))
On this river yesterday I saw 2 big ones and one absolute giant I only saw on videos before. That was quite an experience. They are afraid of humans and dive 50 yards from you (very unfortunate if you want pictures), you can always tell if location is visited by humans often or not. In popular parks gators are used to humans and ignore them and don’t move even if you get very close (not that I encourage that!)

1 Like

I remember one instance where a gator chomped a plastic boat on Okeechobee… It left a tooth hole in the deck. Wilderness Systems replaced the boat.

1 Like

our ‘friendly’ alligators (just never smile at a crocodile) aren’t nearly as big as your ‘lurking’ killer whales in the sound (hmm, why do they call them ‘killer’).
Not to mention the ‘greys’ patrolling the coast (and I’m not talking about aliens).
(the whole time I was living out there (about 12 yrs), never did see an orca, though, often saw the grey whales while paddling the coast)

1 Like

I hope your Mom doesn’t walk a small dog on the golf course.
My grandfather hunted gators. They used dogs for bait by tying them out near gator habitat.
The dogs usually survived because the gators were killed. Those were probably nervous dogs.

That’s terrible :cry:

1 Like

Did your granddaddy call his pooch “Amos” by any chance?

Now everyone blamed his old man
For making him mean as a snake
When Amos Moses was a boy,
his daddy would use him for alligator bait.
Tie a rope around his neck and throw him in the swamp! (haha-haa)
Alligator bait in the Louisiana bayou!

About forty-five minutes southeast of Thibodaux, Louisiana,
lived a man called Doc Millsap and his pretty wife Hannah.
Well, they raised up a son that could eat up his weight in groceries!
Named him after a man of the cloth.
Called him Amos Moses, yeah!
(to poach from Jerry Reed)

3 Likes

Jes’ knock 'em in the head with a stump.

You will see the gator on the golf course again next year. Often the same picture shows up several times on FB and UT with same position and background. It shows up so much that it looks like several.

However keeping the rumor going keeps the traffic off the river and kayak launch parking lots clear… It’s not all bad. Of course I’m not an outfitter. Signed…Captain Hook.

2 Likes

Perhaps Raisins, but you did have the shark boat that had two or three hits.

Just returned from a trip up in Georgia to pick up a new retriever puppy. Saw some good views…

Cruiser on the Petrel Play.

This is Little River Falls in the Little River Canyon, National Preserve. Canyon is between 400 and 900 ft deep. The river flows down the middle of much of the Lookout ridge’s 94 miles. Seems a few years developer was looking at buying it up and building houses and a Dolly Wood type thing. Randy Owens, from the band Alabama, got on the phone and got some congress to make it a preserve and save it from development.

Had water side camp sites at Lake Blackshear State Park, Clark Hill Resivor (Ridge Road COE) , and West Lake Resivor(R.Schaefor Heard COE). The camp site in DeSoto SP Ft Payne, Al was up on the Lookout Mountain Ridge.

Full moon over Clark Hill Resivor from the camp site.

This is at Clark Hill. I forgot, lake is named after Strom Thurman. But I’m old and remember it the old way. I used to work for a guy that built the dam.

9 Likes

Nice boats. Pup photos?