Pretty Pictures - Just Pretty Pictures

Husband wants to go here

I’m dubious

1 Like

Nice. Make sure you say “Hi bear” so they pause to figure out if they know you. My tidal range is typically only about 1.2 ft or 1.8 ft.

The tree remind me of power boaters who say they can’t see the kayak. Power boats don’t bother me, but when they say something that stupid, I have to remind them how lucky they are that I’m not paddling a log canoe. All of those trees were probably floatsom at some point, with only about 2% or 3% visible. One of those trees would definitely leave a mark.

There’s a ship graveyard on the Potomac. Interesting history on the website. It’s brackish water, but I’m sure you don’t mind getting dirty - you might even be tired of that clear water.

1 Like

7 Likes

Photo bomb…

8 Likes

my boat, not my pic, thanks to Jeff for that…

6 Likes

6 Likes

You have some great gucci boats. Compared to my poor beloved Tsunsmis, I feel like my hands are course and my boots are thick. It makes me want to clean them up. Like Bill Murray pulling out a leaf blower and 303.

1 Like

What is the kayak. It looks a bit oversized for you.

It could be the camera angle

It’s The Braveheart LV and I weight 150, 5’10”

So I am 68 kg

Don’t forget I paddled a CD Solstice bought second hand for 800 before going Gucci.

1 Like

Then it is camera angle.

1 Like

Hey, any boat that isn’t a plastic Tsunami covered by residual particulates that were suspended in the water or covered with dried seaweed are gucci boats. I know you paddle a wide range of areas, but many of the spots look like you could drink the bilge water. I’d get dizzy looking at a bottom that’s more than one foot deep

1 Like

7 Likes

I have paddled Falls Lake a few times in the past as my sister and a daughter of mine lives in the area. Welcome to the site.

The Huron River last week in Milford, MI

6 Likes

Full moon over the SC coast.

3 Likes

This is dangerous because culvert transitions can take you to alternate universes where evil creatures lurk. However, most often (not always!) you’ll still end up where you hoped.

1 Like

Found along the Huron River Water Trail during my 5 day paddle of it this summer. As my food level went down, containers of these filled up the space.

1 Like

That’s a lot of potential death for the local wildlife! Thanks for retrieving them.