Pretty Pictures - Just Pretty Pictures

Pics from Lake Huron’s North Channel.

Bay of Islands.

Yacht-free cove on South Benjamin Island.

Maze of twisty little passages, all different. Fox Island bush camp.

Sunrise.

12 Likes

Are those from a recent trip? Since the islands are all in Ontario, how are the border crossings now from the US side?

Looks like a wonderful place to paddle and camp.

Beautiful place, got back Saturday. I’ll write a trip report soon. The wait at the Soo for construction was longer than the wait for customs. I did all the ArriveCan stuff and the customs agent didn’t even ask for it.

Good to know. I am hoping to get up to Ontario in September to visit a paddling buddy in Kingston along the Ste. Lawrence.

The pirate ship in action

7 Likes

Morning in Klemtu, BC
52 35’37”N 128 31’16”

13 Likes

That is an amazing picture Jon.

1 Like

That’s because Klemtu is so picturesque.

Weeki Wachee - one of my favorite spots. So peaceful if you can time it so that there are no crowds.

8 Likes

Weekend watching…approach from mud river… In December. Crowds a lot less.

This was Friday afternoon - once you get past the cutoff for the rental returns it’s pretty empty. But yes, Nov/Dec is great, especially if the weather is cool.

1 Like

Elmendorf AFB

1 Like

End of August with some nice, less humid & less hot weather on Maryland’s West River.

4 Likes

5 Likes

Does this photo make my nose look big?
Also not sure why you need a red hairdryer for the trip: :rofl:

Nice pics, thanks for sharing!

1 Like

Bow views from my Feathercraft folding kayaks: the spartina maze at the Housatonic delta at Long Island Sound; Celia paddling out of Flood’s Cove, Maine coast; hazy sunset over Raquette Pond, Tupper Lake, Adirondacks.

3 Likes

In Pittsburgh you can paddle past a submarine: the retired USS Requin, parked at the Carnegie Science Center on the Ohio River. The day of this shot there had just been a mayfly hatch and the sub’s hull was covered with thousands of them.

4 Likes

Photos today at Deer Island off Biloxi MS:

Brown pelican convention and bath - some were splashing in the shallows. There were so many, I could have filled 3 or 4 more frames of the pelicans thick on the east end beach.

A fly by

My favorite ride

Almost missed the skimmers fly by

Sadly, the Least terns were flying by with a small fish in their beak and they kept veering outside photo range…wasn’t quick enough to get a photo of the only one that flew close.

5 Likes

They look like Isonychia bicolor

1 Like

A January evening paddling back to our beach camp on Capers Island

7 Likes