Pretty Pictures - Just Pretty Pictures

Spent the last day of my 50s with Paris and friends

10 Likes

First paddle in my 60s. Eklutna Lake Alaska

6 Likes

How old is Paris?

Do you drive w/ your hatches open like that?

Happy Birthday, Chuck! :birthday:

1 Like

Thanks

@ String 9 years old.

@lowtech not usually but did that day.

I open the hatches on the ride home to dry the water out of the bulkhesded areas.

Paris :two_hearts:

Happy birthday to Paris’s daddy!

Both of you are in your prime.

Keowee River, SC

4 Likes

Look at those colors.

Bond Falls near Sylvania from this year’s Duluth Moose Memorial Paddle

4 Likes

Lunch stop from this year’s Ozark Rendezvous

4 Likes

Reminds me of the Buffalo in Arkansas.

Maryland’s Rhode River - Mid-October 2022

3 Likes

It was, as usual in Fall, on the Current R. in MO. Very similar to the Buffalo - the bluffs aren’t quite as high on the Current and the river’s a bit smaller, but with much more consistent water levels as it it more spring fed and less rain dependent. It was low this year though. (Even the Mississippi is low.) For the first time in twenty years we didn’t do the Cedar Grove to Aker’s Ferry stretch as it looked pretty scratchy at Cedar Grove. Probably would have been doable with a few drag-throughs and OK once one got to where Welsh Spring joins, though.
The Fall colors were good but a little past peak. We had one night that got into the low 20’s and some pretty strong afternoon winds on the last day.

1 Like

Got a quick paddle in between two varnish refresher coats on the sailboat this weekend. Glad to have that project done for another year or so.

Paddle sail reflections

And how about Boats Next to Cars?

4 Likes

A November paddle at 70 degrees in northern Wisconsin is pretty special. Especially after having snow on October 14.

2 Likes